Spiritual or not Spiritual

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Was Jesus always serious, or did he joke around sometimes, and did he talk about things that are not spiritual, or was he always talking about spiritual topics, with his disciples… and others?

Comments

• I don't know how anyone could answer that.
  • But I would like to hear what they had to say.
  • I think He was always serious when He started teaching and preaching to the people. Keep in mind that in the early years of Jesus' life on earth, He was a carpenter. And John the Baptist had to prepare the way for Him. That's my opinion. I'd like to hear what everyone else has to say.

GBU
  • I personally think that it was always spiritual..I don't think God can joke around...I mean spiritual is because of God...so I don't get how God can joke around...I mean I understand Jesus was a normal human being without sin of course...but He was also a God at the same time...tht's my personal oponion....i don't knw wut others may think abt it
  • im not too sure about this.... but everyone loved Jesus (well excpet the pharasies), so im guessing He wasnt all that serious, i mean, He would have been serious when preaching because He has to get His point across so people know He's not kidding around, but im sure that His gentle, loving and friendly personality reflected Him in a way that wasn't so serious when He was not preaching to people... although His life was preaching, He wasn't always talking to crowds and such....
    i dont think He went around making jokes, because alotta jokes have some sort of cruelty hidden in them, but im pertty sure that He was very pleasant to be around, thus making Him not so serious....

but there is no biblical statements as far as i kno to show Jesus as not-so-serious....

but i kno we all love Him the way He is, we wouldnt have Him any other way ;) :D

take care and God bless!
  • Why wouldn't he make jokes. Doesn't the pope make jokes? Im sure he was funny.
  • ok there is a big difference between a pope who is a simple human being and between Jesus Christ who is fully God and yeah at the same time fully human
  • In psychology... we are taught Christ was a psychologist, who helped many people... and of course a physician, who helped the sick... but for the psychology part I am sure Christ wanted people to laugh, and how did he attract people to him? or better yet, how did he attract the little children to him, I am sure he had to of had a smile or maybe “crack a joke.â€?
  • many jokes have curelty in them, there arent very many jokes that are clean, innocent and not insulting.... it would be contradictory for Him to make jokes (that most likely have some sort of cruelty in them) and preach love and stuff....

you dont have to make jokes to be a great person that is loved and respected... being humble, loving, caring, understanding, and forgiving goes a loooong way, much longer than making jokes. that is how our Lord was....

take care and God bless
  • THIS IS SUCH A WICKED TOPIC.....what do i gotta say about it? Id hafta say that Jesus must have had the perfect personality ..... and at times I feel like He was a joker & i can completely picture Him laughing etc when it was called for...like seriously if u read certain Bible passages...the way He spoke to the Pharisees & the Jews....He was BARE WITTY...not only that but in the Book of Job (one of my favourite books) God says to Job "Prepare Yourself Like a Man. I will Question You and You will answer Me" ...He even goes on with almost a sarcastic tone to ask Job real difficult questions and then says to Job "surely you know the answers ...your years are so great in number" (AS IF) ...so yea in conclusion, obviously Jesus came for a mission and was serious during His ministry, with such a powerful message how could He not be...but at the same time I can appreciate God's sense of Humour caz I personally think He has one...n in certain passages it shows thru more than others...

hope no one takes this as blasphemy lol salaaam :-*

aww p.s. in Passion of the Christ when He jokes around with sainnnnt Mary......awwww SO CUTE!!! ...guys...i luv Jesus lol

p.p.s yea i agree with socoolbishoy...its not wrong for Jesus to crack a Joke, He prolly did n was prolly real good with the children....its like our priests crazycopt and anba angaelos tooo!..even anba Moussa ...Joking in humility n love ..just having that sense of humour you know...its like that
  • you dont have to make jokes to be a great person that is loved and respected...

You are right... I am sure Christ wasn’t saying saydii jokes (or Samaritan jokes, back in time)... but by joking... I mean, being funny... in a way… not degrading himself, but was funny and making all laugh..

• [quote author=Copt4Life link=board=1;threadid=1005;start=0#msg17362 date=1104900297]
    ....its like our priests crazycopt and anba angaelos tooo!..even anba Moussa ...Joking in humility n love ..just having that sense of humour you know...its like that

ahaha that's rite Copt4Life... go them! lol... i love those guys... they're so great :D
  • yeah i agree tht Jesus might have had a sense of humor with the children and such...but i just don't get how God can make jokes...i don't knw it souds weired to me ???...but who knws...lol
  • I agree with Fallen copt,
    being spiritual doesn't mean u cant laugh and joke
    Jesus had a perfect character, and he attracted all kinds of people to him, so i'm sure he was fun to be around with
  • the gospels were not written at the time of jesus so the only thing that they had in mind where his teachings that were passed down through oral tradition.

i doubt they would make a note to pass down a crack on samartins or something
  • IIIIIIIIIIIi AAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM SSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY BBBBBBBBBBBBBIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYY FFFFFFFFFFFOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE PPPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLLEeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • no offense mr.cool
    but ive seen this kind
    of post by u 8 times today
    im sure bisho has read it.
    send him a personal post plz
    caus its distracting
    thank u
    dont be offended
  • lol... thank you awad... and thank you mr. cool.. but if you really want me to read it, you should send a PM... because I didnt even read it except a now (the second day) also that is if you meant bishoy, me... but thank you