My Priest

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
my priest at my church from my persepctive and i know alot abt the church my dad is the scertary and abouna keeps on not giving the younger abouna a chance always taking the liturgy from him and getting mad becus he does stuff w/o his permission, and yes he is kumos,

and i really dont like this and i wud liek to tak to him about it but it wud really be rude,

and the younger abouna is always giving a him a chance and being nice about it, but hes family is mad, and i feel the younger abouna is missing a chance just becus of this abouna , who is my foc, so i really want tem to do get along,

1 time b4 his operation he wanted to do the mass by himself so he told the younger abouan to leave and wait until communion to come, and just b4 my foc was to bless the bread he fainted and was takeen to hospital and was fine, and then the younger abouna, after that i thought he was truly chnaged but he only changed a little bit hes still not giving the younger abouna.

Comments

• well, that's interesting...
    all i can say is pray about it, there's probably not much else you can do (i'm not sure how close you are to them and stuff....)
    let God take care of His Church His way, He'll handle those who whom He called to shepherd His people in His own way and time....
    the younger abouna, as far as i can see, is being patient...God bless him....
    hopefully, according to God's time, things will be well.... He works in mysterious ways, we never know the reasoning behind why He's letting this go on...
    just believe in the power of prayer :)

keep praying for your church and God bless you.....
  • I never understand why there has to be more than one priest per congregation. Why don't you start another church and spread the faith.
  • Sometimes the congregatino gets too big for one priest to handle. In Egypt, the church that my mom went to had 7 priests :o :o :o

GBU
  • I dont like them in a dispute its not nice to see my foc so mad and my younger abouna so helpless, i dont know what to do besides pray
  • Ya I know, thats why when the congragation gets too big in the churches I attend we expand and build churches at more locations.
  • thats what a church i know does, they build one every 2 years......
  • it doesnt happen to all churches...
    we have 5 great preists here and only recently did we build another church for our large congregation....
    its through God's grace and mercy that our church is growing and with His help may it continue to do so....
    it feels good to have a large congregation, i personally like it...
    any disputes between priests and such can only be handled and settled by prayer....
    so continue to pray as you are doing, God wont leave His house....

May we see His strength and wonders throughout our lives...

take care and God bless :)
  • [quote author=CrazyCopt link=board=1;threadid=1001;start=0#msg17352 date=1104898533]
    it feels good to have a large congregation, i personally like it...

I like having a small congregation, we're currently in an office building and it's really small, and we're going to move in to a new bigger (really big, 16 rooms :o) and I don't wanna move :'(. I personally like the small church.

Anyway, sorry for getting off topic.
  • i sitll need to know what to do....

im sorry guys but its bothering me
  • PRAY!!! thats all u can do... it would be disrespectful to say anything or even someone high in rank, if ur lower then him... dont say anything... sorry to be so blunt but just dont ;) take it from someone who has learned it first hand and is till learnin ;D
  • i know but i want to tlak to him, and pray is all i can do yes, but hes like 75 and im like wayyyyy younger, but it bothers me alot you know?

gb