fahrenheit 911

2»

Comments

• [i1) we dont vote for the president, the electorial college does. the electorial college does not always vote on behalf of the people. example, popular vote going against electorial vote. happenned 2 times. Bush vs Gore and forgot the other one. sorry
    ][/i]

We do in fact,as individuals,vote for the president,and our vote is very effective,but within our given State.The popular vote is counted within each state,and whoever has the most votes wins the electoral votes of that particular state.Each state is supposed to have a certain number of electoral votes according to the size of its population.The bigger the population of the state,the more electoral votes it has.My state,New Mexico,has only 4{either 4 or 6}and is not very powerful compared with New York{over 40} or California.The electoral college system is not perfect,to be sure,but it has worked relatively well for over 200 years.Our votes do count!

I am happy to see some people on this forum support President Bush,even though He is not perfect,I believe He is sincere in His faith in Jesus,and stands up for what He believes,no matter what the cost.We need more politicians who worry more about doing what is right and less about personal ambition and their political career.
  • [quote author=jfranklin link=board=1;threadid=435;start=30#msg6728 date=1089674765]
    [i1) we dont vote for the president, the electorial college does. the electorial college does not always vote on behalf of the people. example, popular vote going against electorial vote. happenned 2 times. Bush vs Gore and forgot the other one. sorry
    ][/i]

Two things to say...

1) That's what democracy is all about, every vote counts..

2)Why the frik did you capitalize "He" and "His", sorry but I think since you did it more than once then it's on purpose and I do not agree that you should capitalize bush because he's not worth, and only God is...

Mike

We do in fact,as individuals,vote for the president,and our vote is very effective,but within our given State.The popular vote is counted within each state,and whoever has the most votes wins the electoral votes of that particular state.Each state is supposed to have a certain number of electoral votes according to the size of its population.The bigger the population of the state,the more electoral votes it has.My state,New Mexico,has only 4{either 4 or 6}and is not very powerful compared with New York{over 40} or California.The electoral college system is not perfect,to be sure,but it has worked relatively well for over 200 years.Our votes do count!

I am happy to see some people on this forum support President Bush,even though He is not perfect,I believe He is sincere in His faith in Jesus,and stands up for what He believes,no matter what the cost.We need more politicians who worry more about doing what is right and less about personal ambition and their political career.
  • 2)Why the frik did you capitalize "He" and "His", sorry but I think since you did it more than once then it's on purpose and I do not agree that you should capitalize bush because he's not worth, and only God is...

Yes, you are correct,that was an error on my part.Ihave noticed that I have also mis-spelled many words{I should have taken more time and not been in such a hurry}.I ask the pardon of all here on this forum,for my hurried and sloppy diction.Thanks.
  • Side note....Bush should be capitalized because Bush is what we call a proper noun in the english language. It is not a matter of whether or not he is worth it; it is simply a matter of being grammatically correct and using the mechanics of english properly.....so franklin was correct in capitalizing Bush. It would show error and inaccuracy if he didn't. Your opinion on Bush cannot change the rules of the english language

All names are capitalized
  • mmhanna,
    Mike was talking about "He" and "His" in Jfranklin's post. Not the name "Bush".

- Chris
  • Thanks Banoub,
    That's true, I was reffering to "He" and "His".

Jfranklin,

I understand that it was an error, I don't think any christian would capitalize bush's he and his, maybe a political fanatic would do but not a Christian for sure..

God Bless.

Mike
  • [quote author=G.J.I link=board=1;threadid=435;start=15#msg6438 date=1089347166]
    sorry guys im a bit out of the loop bein in australia n all, can sum1 bring me up to speed bout this 911 thin :P

hay yea i was a bit lost to but i was watching t.v and its coming out in the cinemas in a couple of weeks i want to watch it

GB
    F.R.O.G