fahrenheit 911

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
WOW what a movie Fahrenheit 911 was !! Makes you really hate G Bush . >:(............ What do you guys think of the movie?

Comments

• honostly, i would love to talk about that movie, but the moderators asked us to keep the forums for spiritual topics only. Once they see this thread they're gonna lock it.
  • But i mean we could some how put a spritual disscusion in this .............i mean why doesn't God stop wht G Bush is doing ??
  • because God allows for free will of human beings, even stupid human beings *wink wink* ;)
  • loll....good enough. well you have to remember that presidents and people with authority are picked by God. [I don't remember the bible verse for that, but if anybody has it lemme know]. So God probably has a plan for the world, and He's fulfilling it thro bush. just an idea.
  • honestly, I don't think God is working THRU Bush, rather INSPITE of him.
  • hmmm u could be right...then again we never really know what God has in store for the world. But i'm sure He put bush in his position for a reason. we probably won't know what it is for a very very long time lol. but i'm sure He has His reasons.
  • Hey Paul,
    I think this is the verse ur looking for..

Mike

Romans 13

Submit to Government

Obey Authorities; Love Your Neighbor; Put on Christ
    1 Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. 2Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves. 3For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same. 4For he is God's minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil. 5Therefore you must be subject, not only because of wrath but also for conscience' sake. 6For because of this you also pay taxes, for they are God's ministers attending continually to this very thing. 7Render therefore to all their due: taxes to whom taxes are due, customs to whom customs, fear to whom fear, honor to whom honor.

Khen Bekhrestos Icos Benchois,

Mike
  • thats the one Mike....amazing passage. thanks.
  • No Problem, bud. ;D

Khen Bekhrestos Icos Benchois,

Mike
  • just to add on to what paul was saying.... we're all here for a certain mission.... and no matter how much u dislike bush (i happen to somewhat like the guy) he's just doin what his mission is.... like we all should be doing....
  • how do you figure? He may be going completely against what God wants him to do, it has happened to other leaders in the past. I think saying, oh hes just doing what God wants, is being too passive. We should take an active role in government, as it is our responsibility as citizens.
  • dont we have elections? dont we have a house of representatives? last time i checked... it was our votes that determined the electoral votes
    so sorry if al gore isnt president from the last election, or some other democrat, but im glad that bush got elected... i may disagree with few things he's done.. but if i was put in the position of president... what else would i do?
    and i dont think that that's being too passive... God gave us the free will to elect our leader, and when we did, God already had a mission assigned to him... so i dont know what your talking about when it comes to taking an active role...
  • as far as I know, we don't simply vote and allow the president to become dictator for 4 years, voting is part of the process, there is also supporting bills (like banning abortion), calling those representatives, etc. There are also a host of local issues. Voting is simply step 1.

You can't be like, oh I voted, they can take care of the rest. They will take care of it, for their own benefit. If you want effective goverrment, you need to do more than just vote and hand the reins over.
  • So what do you suggest Mike? What other things can we do to have a say in what happens in the government? Write letters, petitions, etc. to people in charge? Who cares...they usually throw them out anyway, they mean nothing.

Please elaborate. Thanks.

- Chris
  • For the Lord said:

"Do not judge, lest you yourselves be judged".
  • 1) we dont vote for the president, the electorial college does. the electorial college does not always vote on behalf of the people. example, popular vote going against electorial vote. happenned 2 times. Bush vs Gore and forgot the other one. sorry

about God puting people in authority. how do u explain pple like Hitler? or even Bin Ladin? etc, etc. im not convinced by that.
  • very good point, princess.

[quote author=Banoub link=board=1;threadid=435;start=0#msg6408 date=1089314829]
    So what do you suggest Mike? What other things can we do to have a say in what happens in the government? Write letters, petitions, etc. to people in charge? Who cares...they usually throw them out anyway, they mean nothing.

Please elaborate. Thanks.

- Chris

That's not really true. Many congressman and senators DO listen to their constiuents. We also can organize, with things like pro-life rallies, and anti-abortion campaigns. The anti-War protests went a long way in chicago, the City Council even passed a resolution condemning the War in Iraq.
    Even if you disagree with Michael Moore, you have to admit what he did was very effective. We have the freedom to exercise the 1st amendment, thats the most important freedom there is. I say use it.
  • so y dont u do that stuff?

"We should take an active role in government, as it is our responsibility as citizens. "

just out of curiousity... what was the point of this topic?
    not to be rude or anything at all.... but what was it?
  • sorry guys im a bit out of the loop bein in australia n all, can sum1 bring me up to speed bout this 911 thin :P
  • SMS, I do. I forgot the point

GJI, Fahrenheit 9/11 is a movie Michael Moore made about the Bush-bin Laden connection and Sept 11, 2001.
  • [quote author=egprincess link=board=1;threadid=435;start=15#msg6417 date=1089326752]
    about God puting people in authority. how do u explain pple like Hitler? or even Bin Ladin? etc, etc. im not convinced by that.

Matthew 24:6
    And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

In my previous post, i said that these leaders were given their positions by God for a reason. We may not always know the reason. Sometimes God may choose a wrong person just to set an example to everybody else, or in Hitler's case, to the whole world. I hope i'm making sense...
  • Paul,

That was excellent man...

I have a story that happened a couple of days ago...

We were going on a 15 hour drive to Alberta and ofcourse we were driving at night, so we rented a mini-bus to fit all 12 ppl and 10 min before our destination the transmission burnt down in the new car and we wondered why, but that was for our good set by God because:

1. It didn't stop at night
    2. If we were going up a mountain it would've blown up (God Forbid)
    3.it didn't stop in the middle, just 10 FLIPPIN MINUTES AWAY!

However what's amazing is that I thought God was so mad at me for something I did...(Wasim, ;), shush, let's keep it our little secrets bud) yet he showed me that His Arms are still wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide open...

And that's why I starting thinking of monostacism,

Blessed be the Lord God, forever. Amen.

Mike
  • they always are and always will be wide open to EVERYBODY.
  • No doubt about that. But just a quick question, even if you confess a sin, would God teach you a lesson...

Mike
  • Well you usually confess after God teacher you that lesson. If you TRULY confess then you probably already learned your lesson. But if you simply state your sins to abouna, then your probably still in for that lesson. Just an idea tho..
  • I agree...

Mike
  • [quote author=Paulh link=board=1;threadid=435;start=15#msg6447 date=1089352251]
    [quote author=egprincess link=board=1;threadid=435;start=15#msg6417 date=1089326752]

Matthew 24:6
    And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

In my previous post, i said that these leaders were given their positions by God for a reason. We may not always know the reason. Sometimes God may choose a wrong person just to set an example to everybody else, or in Hitler's case, to the whole world. I hope i'm making sense...

ur right paul, but i still always ask y and often think about it but then say, "kol ma yomal, yomal leh el kher" (all the happens, happens for the good)
  • Romans 8
    27Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
    28And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. 29For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.

• It is not spiritual but ill say it non the less

Do not dis. Bush, he has some guts.
  • lets not start on that >:(