Showing My Age...

edited June 2014 in Introductions
Hello all,

I used to be a member of the Tasbeha online community back in 2004/2005 - its been a few years, grown a lot and I remember coming here in my late(ish) teens. Glad to be back! Hopefully with some different insights and perspectives. 

Comments

• welcome!
    i wasn't even orthodox back then.
    glad to see you are now old ;)
     and full of insight.

what have you learnt since then?

• Thank you!

What haven't I learned - each day brings more questions, more answers!

The trick is to never stop learning, never stop asking questions and to have faith.

Pray for me,

GW
  • PLEASE COME BACK

We seriously need to add some color to this forum. 
    Not even joking - there needs to be some variety; there's only like middle aged men on this site. 
  • middle aged men?! have you been reading the forums lately? I say there are much more youth asking clueless questions and boooored than those are answering them.
  • Haha, well I'm happy to get back into the community - sometimes those clueless youth just need a little guidance - don't count them out! They tend to surprise us, it happens :)

GW
  • edited November 2014
    Excuse me, but we're the ones who keep this forum alive. Keep that in mind, buddy.
  • Middle Aged Men... I resent that! I think I need to go take a ride in my red sports car! Take that for mid life crisis!

Ray (21)
  • lol. I didn't say it's a bad thing to have all these youth....just clarifying reality. 

and RO, what are you talking about...your younger than me. 
  • edited November 2014
    Ooof, if you have a red corvette, I'll definitely be jealous 

By middle aged I meant ages 30 - 65, so Ray doesn't count. 

But nonetheless, all input here, on the forum, from anyone, seems to be very beneficial. 
    There are many conversations here about the faith, spirituality, relationship w/God, yadda yadda....and we learn a lot from it

We just lack *color* 
  • Middle age at 30?!  :O
  • Middle age is at least 50. There was a time in history when the middle age was 450. Those were the good old days. I wonder how many red sports cars Methuselah would have if he lived today at his age?
  • edited November 2014
    Of course 30!

Most people are married and have a stable position by the age of 30. They have full responsibilities,  their own place, a family, own career - therefore, they are middle aged. It would be silly to call them youth.  (in my opinion)

And I can't even imagine what living on earth for 450+  years is like, that's insane.  I wonder why our lifespan decreased so drastically like that. I'm sure it's mentioned in the bible somewhere tho
  • edited November 2014
    gracewisdom, don't panic, middle age is somewhere around 45.

i used to think it was 40, but then i changed it when i got to 40!
    ;-)
    that was recently, by the way, i'm not middle aged yet!
    (spoken with head placed firmly in the sand...)

B-)
  • the end is here!

:O
  • maybe that's why people call me tant?!

please excuse me while i go and have a midlife crisis.
    i will let you know how it goes...
  • @mabsoota Haha - Yes, as a Sunday School teacher the kids are not allowed to call me tunte, I will be having none of that :)

@CopticStrength I'm pretty sure there's something between youth and middle aged, 'Awesome Adults' I think is the technical term, but don't quote me on that.
  • edited November 2014
    Lolol, okayyy whatever you sayyy :p

Mabsoota is having a panic attack. Haaa :D

• so i watched a saint movie (saint 'abd al masih the ethiopian) and managed not to buy a red sports car.

sorted!

• That is hilarious mabsoota. And so true. Oh if we can all sort our understanding and align our lives with God's will. Amen eseshopi Pchois Vnouti. 
  • What does 'eseshopi Pchois Vnouti' mean?

• i think it means 'it is so, the Lord is our God'

am still working on the coptic, so may not be right.

am glad i have now had my midlife crisis, it will save time later.

;-)

• Literally, "Amen it is, O Lord God". But a more accurate translation that liturgical books have always translated it is "Amen so let it be, O Lord God." 
  • At a solid 38 years, I may be the only truly middle-aged man here. 

For example I lost my father only a little over a month ago. It's been harder than I thought it would be.

• The pain of loosing a family member crosses all ages, nobodies ever really prepared. @mcarmichael you're in my prayers, God has welcomed your father into his heavenly kingdom, you have another interceder on your behalf.
  • edited November 2014
    @GraceWisdom - very true and wise words.

I really hope you find peace in knowing that your father is (maybe) alive in a place where there is only happiness and joy. 

Philippians 1:21-23 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. If I am to live in the flesh, that means fruitful labor for me. Yet which I shall choose I cannot tell. I am hard pressed between the two. My desire is to depart and be with Christ, for that is far better.

• My condolences. May his memory be eternal in the Lord.
  • @mcarmichael

Loss is never easier than what we expect. Its often much harder. May God be with you. I'm sorry I don't know what to say or do to make it better but be strong. Your father, like everything has passed. And as he passed, so will this difficult time in your life. 

I don't know you but I love you. (Unless you have some intent on killing me. Then I probably don't like you... sorry :P)

Ray
  • Thank you all for your kind words. 

I'm okay. I survived. I was enormously blessed to have spent most of a year reunited with him before he left.

;|
  • edited November 2014
    I do have a prayer request, however. I suffered a sever concussion a little over one year past. I would say I'm about 98% however I'm inclined to discount my own opinion.