Nim ghar?

edited May 2014 in Hymns Discussion
I'm just curious, is Nim ghar said on every Sunday from the Resurrection until the end of Hatoor? What if it was the Feast of the Cross? Would it be said with je av-ashk?

Comments

• It is said from the beginning of the Holy fifty days till the last Sunday of Hatoor and it always ends with je-aktonk
  • edited May 2014
    So is that ak-tonk for both the end of the 16th and the 18th part? So the whole Feast of the Cross tasbeha (on a Sunday) would be av-ashk, except for these two instances?
  • Both parts are ak-tonk and yes everywhere else (outside this hymn) would be av-ashk. This makes sense since Nim ghar is strictly speaking of the resurrection. Feel free to double check with coptic reader too...it can help if you have questions like these
  • Nim ghar is said everyday during the holy fifties. Only Sundays afterwards till the end of Hatoor..
    Ekhrestos anesty
    Oujai
  • Does that include Batos days? For example, should we be saying it before the Antiphonarium in tomorrows Vespers Praise?
  • edited May 2014
    Yes but only in the Midnight praises. By the way, the Antiphonarium (along with the Synaxarium) are not to be chanted (read) during the Holy Fifty days. 
  • Who said you're not supposed to chant the Antiphonarium in the holy fifty days? Anba Youssef prayed from it during a Midnight Praise we prayed with him last year during the Holy Fifty days.

What is the reason for leaving it out? It does sort of make sense to treat the Antiphonarium like you would the Synexarium, but why do we do that. Maybe we're only supposed to read the Antiphonarium readings that match with the Readings of the Katamerous of the Holy Fifty, and not read the ones that depend on the day of the month (which is all saints)?
  • edited May 2014
    The Antiphonarium are praises and commentaries for the Saints of the day and follow the same calendar as the Synaxarium. On Lordly feasts including the whole Resurrection period there is no reading of either. During Saturday vesper praises (before vespers for Sunday) there is a commentary to read, one for each week but that is it.
  • @Katanikhoros...yes Anba Youssef says it n his diocese, I KNOW, i was in Texas Abbey for 2 weeks...but when you ask his grace he says you are not really supposed to say it. It goes hand in hand with the senixar.
  • Hey guys, I have another question, is nim ghar said on the 29th of the month commemorating the resurrection? Even if it's a weekday outside the holy 50s? Coptic reader says it's not said, but that doesn't seem logical since it's a je ak tonk day.
  • Coptic Reader follows the Southern Diocese for the 29th of the month in that it commemorates only the Annunciation: the original rite of the church
  • @qawe,
    That's a very interesting question, actually I don't think it is said No. Even though we still say the doxologies for the three feasts. But then again dannaw isn't said and I can't even remember that the special psalies are said either. I have not been to a tasbeha for a long time, but maybe someone else can tell us more..
    Oujai
  • I will do a bit of research and come back to you. There are special Psalies for the the 29th so ypu do not say the unique one for each feast. I would think if you add Nim Ghar you would also add Tennav after Ten Thino as these are the two unique Resurrection sections.
  • Thanks @drewhalim

FWIW I just found that tasbeha.org implies that Tennav should be said.
    Source: http://tasbeha.org/hymn_library/view/1406
  • I'm not sure of the source of that article but not everything is strictly correct. For example there is a special Adam/Vatos Psali for the 29th so you don't say three individual ones. The Aspasmos Adam/Vatos is one verse from each feast and also for the fraction there is a unique one for the 29th that can be said instead of the general one for the Lords' feasts.
  • Cool @drewhalim looking forward to hear the fruits of your research.