Deacon's Service Book

edited May 2014 in Random Issues
Can I get some advice on which one to buy? I can't read Arabic, but please tell me which you think are best regardless of the language.

Comments

• Definitely Albairs el asas, its the best

God Bless
  • What does "el asas" mean? And that one's in Arabic?
    I heard that it was over 600 pages long and is not really for service, but for reference. Eventually, I'll learn how to read Arabic, but I don't have that kind of time currently. The rare hymns in there are important to me. Any other books?
  • Coptic Reader.....its an app for iphone/andriod phones that constantly updates and includes everything you can possibly think of (and if it doesn't send them an email and they will put it for you)

• edited May 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited May 2014
    Yeah @Amoussa01
    I have Coptic Reader, but I need one that really explains the rites more thoroughly. 

• edited May 2014
  • edited May 2014
  • edited May 2014
  • edited May 2014
  • edited May 2014
  • edited May 2014
  • So is the SUS diocese one the best one with all three languages?
    If anyone has it, how are the right explanations?
    And if there is an english version of HCOC's service book, can anyone let me know
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • FYI the SUS diocese book is already embedded into the coptic reader app....you just need to turn on the rites commentary in the settings
  • How do I do that? Is it the comments one?
  • Try a book called "the service of the deacons" it's an amazing book with all three languages explains everything that is going on during the liturgy and also when to hold the censor,light the candle, hold the cross, etc.