Holy 50 days tasbeha rites

edited May 2014 in Hymns Discussion
Hello everyone,

Pi Ekhristos Aftonf!

Does anyone know or know where to find the rites for Saturday night tasbeha during the Holy 50 Days?

I want to get a second opinion besides the "Coptic Presentation" program.

Thank you for any help!

Comments

• Coptic Reader on the AppStore
  • Yeah, I'm mainly asking because Coptic Reader is very different from the Coptic Presentations.

I wanted to see if there are rites assigned by the church on what's supposed to be said, or a Psalmodia for occasions I can buy from somewhere..
  • @JC_Hmonas, there aren't to many different things for the praise. There is a Watos psali for the fifties to be said instead or before Afti emip-onof and/or aysotem but in the watos festive tune. Also, the lobsh of the theotokia is in watos festive ti\une. 
  • That's what I had thought, but my church uses the Coptic Presentations and they have a Psali before each hos, and an "ode to the Resurrection", but I haven't been able to find those anywhere else
  • Ekhrestos anesty
    This arrangement is for feast night not the holy fifties
    Oujai
  • Do you know of a source where I can find the rites of Tasbeha in general?
  • Ekhrestos anesty
    Just follow the arrangement of psalmody books. What changes with seasons will be mentioned, and by time and practice you'll know when to say what and when not..
    Oujai
  • There are Psalis before each hos and there is even an introduction with Psalms at the beginning with the hymn Alleluia and and the same tune as the Kiahk Hos. The issue in the Coptic Church is the lack of clarity in books. Many will use the title of "what is said for thr Feast of the Resurrection" and then the arguments start of is it the feast night only or is it days 1-39.

I have personally been taught it is days 1-39 just like for the Period Ascension to Pentecost you say the Resurrection Psali/Doxology before Ascension and on Pentecost you say all three. This point however is clearly documented in tge Psalmody.
  • Ekhrestos anesty
    @drewhalim
    I'm not sure if I am right in saying this but I get the impression you haven't lived, or at least grown up in Egypt. You have no idea how the muslim governors through the ages blocked all attempts of Christians preserving their heritage, and to a relatively greater extent the coptic church. This treasure of rites, and hymnody in our church is so vast and rich that it cannot be contained in a few types of books and that's why there has always been a major stress on the verbal tradition..
    Oujai
  • @ophadece

And that my dear friend is where you assume incorrectly. I used to spend many months in Cairo every single year without fail since I was born. I was taught by Cantors of Churches in Cairo and part of what I learnt from them is that they all agree ritual teaching in general is very lacking and it is extremely difficult to find any two books which are supposed to be "sources" that agree with each other. I understand that there has always been major stress on verbal tradition but it is about time that this was now documented in one universal authorised and accepted book for all future generations, including ours.
  • Ekhrestos anesty
    @drewhalim
    Please don't be surprised, I always make wrong assumptions.. hehe.. I completely agree with you and don't really see it a gravely tedious task except when it comes to the different small exceptions as you rightly say..
    Oujai