Please pray for the world

edited December 1969 in Prayer Requests
Please God I beg You, tell my parents, no giving candy tomorrow, please, it isn't too late to save them! Save my family from participating! Save our neighbors from doing it too. I wish the world repents fast! No more Halloween!

Comments

• Repent of what exactly? What sin is halloween? This topic often dumbfounds me. I request an answer, SVP

Ray
  • we shouldn't honour the spirits of the dead and gods of the dead like the pagans do by making scary costumes and pretending that communicating with the spirits is just a bit of fun.

we are Christians, and we can only ask the Christian dead to remember us before the Lord and pray to God for them to rest.

but the kids that come to your door don't understand the history of halloween, so maybe giving them a few sweets and a nice religious picture (like a saint picture) will show them Christians are kind people.
    maybe it will make them ask questions about God and the saints.
  • [quote author=mabsoota link=topic=14701.msg166415#msg166415 date=1383224609]
    we shouldn't honour the spirits of the dead and gods of the dead like the pagans do by making scary costumes and pretending that communicating with the spirits is just a bit of fun.

we are Christians, and we can only ask the Christian dead to remember us before the Lord and pray to God for them to rest.

but the kids that come to your door don't understand the history of halloween, so maybe giving them a few sweets and a nice religious picture (like a saint picture) will show them Christians are kind people.
    maybe it will make them ask questions about God and the saints.

If I dress like Superman, I do not see how this is at all participating in Pagan Holidays. Halloween (among children) as nothing to do with the dead, and everything to do with candy. We cannot keep tarnishing our children into a fear of western culture of America. It is segregating, and we will lose them to reason, since anti-Halloween rhetoric is without true reason (as it appears to me at least.)

Appropriate Costume (no Satanic things, and no excuses for women to reveal every bit of their body their heart desires) and appropriate conduct (no wica) would seem to me to make Halloween alright. We need to stop the witch hunt.

I will be handing out candy today, and can't wait to see the face little kids with their friends and parents light up when I throw some candy into their pumpkin! I think Christ would have no problem with putting a smile on a kid in a costume's face on the 31 of October, regardless of what some demonic people may be doing that night as well. This is not engaging in a demonic ritual anymore than when our churches in Egypt host banquets for Muslims on the nights of their Ramadan fast.

Ray
  • Listen brothers and sisters, go read what Sayedna H.G Bishop Youssef has to say about this that is on CopticWorld.net He mentions the same excuses you say. What God did to Arius when he supposedly accepted the Faith could happen to us-meaning suddenly DIE by God's Hands-God killed Arius in the washroom and he was found dead because he was a heretic trying to be a Christian when he really wasn't. Please repent all of you who say this is O.K to do! H.G Bishop Youssef makes it very clear!
  • God Bless you, Mikegkaldas!

Truly, May God preserve your zeal and love for him!

Ray