Where is Egypt heading?

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Roughly?

Comments

• We are witnessing historical events.

The Egyptians have rejected the MB and in one year, they have overturned their rule of corruption and treason. In retaliation, and with the support of their allies such as the US, the EU, Qatar and Turkey, the MB are trying to set all of Egypt on fire. This confrontation has been delayed many times during the past 83 years, ever since the MB existed. 

Of course, the first group that will be targeted are the Copts. They are always the first to pay the price of freedom. 

One of the most intriguing phases in the history of Egypt is the invasion by the Heksos and taking over the Delta of Egypt near the year 1900 B.C. The surviving manuscripts say that they were a lowly breed, savage and barbaric, large in numbers like locusts, who oppressed the Egyptians. After an occupation of the Delta for anywhere from 150 to 400 years, the great Pharaoh Ahmos managed to expel them beyond Sinai into what is now the north of Sauid Arabia. No one could have believed it, but he pulled it off.

True Egyptians can pull off fantastic feats. Even the most secular of Egyptian activits have described the events of June 30, July 3 and July 26 as a miracle. It will come with a hefty price. 
  • Destruction in Egyptian Churches:

Alexandria
    Father Maximus Church

Arish
    St George Church | Burned

Assiut
    Good Shepherds Monastery |  Nuns attacked
    Angel Michael Church | Surrounded
    St George Coptic Orthodox Church
    Al-Eslah Church| Burned
    Adventist Church | Pastor and his wife kidnapped
    St Therese Church
    Apostles Church | Burning
    Holy Revival Church | Burning

Beni Suef
    The Nuns School
    St George Church | al-Wasta

Cairo
    St Fatima Basilica | Heliopolis | Attempted Attack

Fayoum (Five churches)
    St Mary Church | El Nazlah
    St Damiana Church | Robbed and burned
    Amir Tawadros (St Theodore) Church
    Evangelical Church | al-Zorby Village | Looting and destruction
    Church of Joseph | Burned
    Franciscan School | Burned

Gharbiya
    Diocese of St Paul | Burned

Giza
    Father Antonios
    Atfeeh Bishopric

Minya
    Church of the Virgin Mary and Father Abram | Delga, Deir Mawas
    St Mina Church | Abu Hilal Kebly, Beni Hilal
    Baptist Church | Beni Mazar
    Deir Mawas Bishopric
    Delga Church | Attacked
    The Jesuit Fathers Church | Abu Hilal district
    St Mark Church | Abu Hilal district
    St Joseph Nunnery
    Amir Tadros Church
    Evangelical Church
    Anba Moussa al-Aswad Church
    Apostles Church

Qena
    St Mary’s Church | Attempted Burning

Sohag
    St George Church
    St Damiana | Attacked and burned
    Virgin Mary | Attacked and burned
    St Mark Church & Community Center
    Anba Abram Church | Destroyed and burned

Suez
    St Saviours Anglican Church
    Franciscan Church and School | Street 23 | Burned
    Holy Shepherd Monastery and Hospital
    Good Shepherd Church (molotov ****tail thrown)- Relationship with Holy Shepherd Monastery unknown.
    Greek Orthodox Church

Christian Institutions
    House of Father Angelos (Pastor of Church of the Virgin Mary and Father Abram) | Delga, Minya | Burned
    Properties and Markets of Copts | al-Gomhorreya Street, Assiut
    Seventeen Coptic homes | Delga, Minya | Burned
    YMCA | Minya| Burned
    Coptic Homes | Qulta Street, Assiut | Attacked
    Offices of the Evangelical Foundation & Oum al-Nour | Minya
    Coptic-owned shops, pharmacy, and hotels | Karnak and Cleopatra Streets, Luxor | Attacked and Looted
    Dahabeya Nile Boat | Minya| Church-owned
    Bible Society bookshop | Cairo | Burned
    Bible Society | Fayoum
    Bible Society | al-Gomohoreya Street, Assiut

Source: http://nilerevolt.wordpress.com/2013/08/14/1198/

Actually got it from CopticWorld.org.

I really hope this comes to an end soon..
  • The US is supporting the MB.
  • St. Mina's Monastery in Mariut is under attack by MB.
  • Other than the MB, is there anyone that could stand a chance ruling Egypt?  What, or who, are the choices?
  • I think is heading towards the complete annihilation of the MB.

Muslims and Christians are united in all this (along with secularists and liberals).

The MB's enemy is now the military. I think the military will not hesitate to use live ammunition when faced with a real security risk.

They've already lost around 80 personnel (police/military). They can see, the world can see, and finally ALL Egyptians can now see, what the MB is about, and how dangerous they are.

Will Egypt ever be an Islamic State?

This question really makes me laugh. Put the MB aside for a second - look around u in Egypt - its an Islamic State already. MB in power, or not in MB, Egypt is Islamic - so I don't know what the fuss is about.

Everytime i got back there, I see 10000's of muslims even praying in the street because Mosques are full. Compare this to Europe where Churches are so empty they are being converted to discotecques.
  • I agree with Zoxasi.

The MB is hated among the dominant majority of the Egyptians. We are talking about 33 millions on June 30, 25 millions on July 3 and 40 millions on July 26 who took actively to the streets to take them out of power, then support the new direction, and in the end to give a mandate to the military to deal with the MB / Hamas terrorism in Sinai and in Egypt as it sees suitable.

But we cannot overlook that the MB is supported by the United States of Babylon and the European Union. They are financed by Qatar and logistically supported by Turkey and Israel.

You are dealing with a beast. As a group, they are finished in Egypt as to their political presence. On the international scene, they are as much powerful as their allies are willing to support them, and they do support them.

Throughout all this, the Copts have proven that they are the true Egyptians and Christians.
  • [quote author=Stavro link=topic=14577.msg165660#msg165660 date=1376666604]
    I agree with Zoxasi.

The MB is hated among the dominant majority of the Egyptians. We are talking about 33 millions on June 30, 25 millions on July 3 and 40 millions on July 26 who took actively to the streets to take them out of power, then support the new direction, and in the end to give a mandate to the military to deal with the MB / Hamas terrorism in Sinai and in Egypt as it sees suitable.

But we cannot overlook that the MB is supported by the United States of Babylon and the European Union. They are financed by Qatar and logistically supported by Turkey and Israel.

You are dealing with a beast. As a group, they are finished in Egypt as to their political presence. On the international scene, they are as much powerful as their allies are willing to support them, and they do support them.

Throughout all this, the Copts have proven that they are the true Egyptians and Christians.

What would have happened if the MB had stayed in power?

Some guy asked me this at work. He said that we should have let them do their 4 year term, and even if they changed the constitution, we could have reversed anything the next 4 years after Morsi's tenure had finished.

• [quote author=dthoxsasiPhilanethrope link=topic=14577.msg165661#msg165661 date=1376667103]
    [quote author=Stavro link=topic=14577.msg165660#msg165660 date=1376666604]
    I agree with Zoxasi.

What would have happened if the MB had stayed in power?

Some guy asked me this at work. He said that we should have let them do their 4 year term, and even if they changed the constitution, we could have reversed anything the next 4 years after Morsi's tenure had finished.

Then Mubarak should have been left to finish his term, which meant only to stay 7 months in power. In january 2011, 11 millions took to the streets in Cairo and Delta only. In June / July 2013, more than 40 million took to the street.

In one year, the economy was utterly destroyed, no safety, chaos everywhere, Sinai lost to terrorists that the MB protected. Basically, no country and no institutions. Another 3 years would have wiped Egypt from the map and changed the country as we have known it for the past 7000 years to a parking lot.

In the light of all what happened and all the criminal activities and treason that the MB is showing, is your friend at work still of the opinion that a president who is traitor and a criminal should have been left to continue his term? Does he watch CNN or BBC a lot? 
  • I think i should give him links from any news station. He's a bit strange. He insists that we are at fault for not letting him finish his term.

He's a European muslim guy.

Im not sure he really understands what radical Islam is about.
  • Dthoxasi, I really do believe that Europeans are more in tune with principles of democracy and dare I say anthropology more than religion, whether he's muslim or Christian. I also met Christian colleagues who share your friend's viewpoint..
    Oujai
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=14577.msg165666#msg165666 date=1376778104]
    Dthoxasi, I really do believe that Europeans are more in tune with principles of democracy and dare I say anthropology more than religion, whether he's muslim or Christian. I also met Christian colleagues who share your friend's viewpoint..
    Oujai

Whoever supports the brotherhood or Morsi has no idea about democracy.
  • The Muslim brotherhood are a terrorist organization. If you support the MB, you are a terrorist, and should be treated like one.

Ray
  • [quote author=ReturnOrthodoxy link=topic=14577.msg165673#msg165673 date=1376919008]
    The Muslim brotherhood are a terrorist organization. If you support the MB, you are a terrorist, and should be treated like one.

Ray

Exactly.

This applies to nations and individuals alike.

I believe that the divine law applies to nationas and individuals: "You shall reap what you sow".

If Babylon supports terrorism, they will get to taste it first hand.
  • Here's my short assessment:

There will be no civil war in Egypt. When the Church was attacked in last 3 or 4 years - Muslims tried to provoke us into a civil war. We didnt go down that road. We took the road that Vengence is God's and we will not behave this way.

The attacks on the 2 Saints Church, however, affected me. Many people died. I still see in my mind the photos of a young cute girl scarred for life, sitting on a hospital bed with burn marks over her face.

We passed that phase and didnt retaliate.

Now Muslims have woken up to what the MB is about, I guess they are more united with us against this radicalised extremist group. Actually, they MB have unwittingly united Egypt.

On twitter, every Copt is defending the smallest rights of his/her muslim neighbour. No one is attacking Islam, or muslims amongst us. That's wonderful.

The brotherhood will try pretend that this is a crusade action from us by oustering Morsi. We didnt ouster him. 30 million Egyptians did. When they see us as being scape-goats, and we are innocent, they will distance themselves from extremist views. They will be embarassed that their religion only sanctioned them to hate us.

I don't know about everyone here, but my faith in God has actually shot through the roof. I mean, who could have imagined that God would remove the MB? When Morsi was elected, I thought this would be the end of the Christians in Egypt. Who would have thought that muslims themselves would have enough of him. I thought they'd be more sincere to Islam than to common sense.
  • Officially, the US, France, Germany, Britian and Taliban have condemned the crack down on the MB. This is no joke, and no surprise.
  • Wasn't this the reason why orthodox split from catholic because they just took pleasure in allowing Islam to dominate ?

these are sins that need to be repented of and is the same sins that will make room for the antichrist
  • [quote author=mikeforjesus link=topic=14577.msg165678#msg165678 date=1376956625]
    Wasn't this the reason why orthodox split from catholic because they just took pleasure in allowing Islam to dominate ?

these are sins that need to be repented of and is the same sins that will make room for the antichrist

No, it was because of the council of Chalcedon
  • I know that but I thought the council of Chalcedon heresies was due to the already split in affection because the Orthodox Church would not accept papal supremacy and infallibility
    the Catholic Church twisted scripture to say St Peter is the head and can not make mistakes when St James says all teachers stumble in many things
    But how can an apostle make a mistake ?
    Why are the descendants of apostles able to make mistakes ?
    But we believe together we can not make mistakes the gates of hades can not prevail against the church
    Why did God allow the west to believe in heresy what was the motivation behind the split ?

• Coptic is the Pharoes’ name for “Egyptian,“ a little appreciated echo of the fact that all of Egypt was once a Coptic, Christian nation. For seven centuries Egypt was a Christian nation, until the Arab Islamic invasion in the seventh century. When President Obama came to Cairo in 2009 for his first major speech on foreign affairs, he thought his charisma would be enough, as he attempted to appease the Islamists with his talk of America being their friend, all the while ignoring the plight of the Christians of the Middle East, who have been the bridge between the West and Arab cultures since the 17th century.

It was Coptic and Arab Christians who acted as translators of the greatest works of arts, literature, civilization, theater, and cinema, just as did Jews living in the Arab world. They made huge strides in bringing modern ideas, including democratic ideas, to the Islamic dominated world, but just as the Jews before them, Christians are now facing eviction from the Arab world, and this is not only a loss for the West but mostly for Arab Muslims. It is also a crime against humanity.

Scores of Christians are being consumed in the conflagration that is taking place in Egypt and Syria. In Egypt some Coptic Christians have been burned beyond recognition defending sixty some churches that have been burned to the ground, even as Ambassador Patterson continues her attempts at a reconciliation between the the Muslim Brotherhood conducting this devastation and the Egyptians who revolted against the Brotherhood’s rule.

Once again the American administration attempts to ally itself against those fighting for a secular Arab world, with the odd philosophy in place that thinks we can appease the radical Muslims into actually liking us, all the while ignoring the fact that most Muslims living in these countries have had enough of radical Islam, and would prefer a secular state.

Egypt’s fourteen million Christians, the original descendants of the pharaohs, are once again being singled out, while the American administration has aligned itself with their persecutors. Over the past fourteen centuries, Muslim invaders of Egypt have forcibly converted most of the population, except for those stubborn Coptic Christians who stood up to the persecution and threats, only to have America side with the militant Islamic Brotherhood.

This madness that has taken over the mind of the present American administration is beyond comprehension, but is also indicative of the long history of our failure to understand the Arab mind. Meanwhile, our Christian brothers and sisters throughout Egypt and the Middle East, are paying the price of America's greed for oil, power, and control. This philosophy of conquest has become our dominant foreign policy, while we ignore the long term consequences on the lives of fourteen million Coptic Christians.

Love in Christ,
    Abbot Tryphon

From the blog, "The Morning Offering"
  • [quote author=Stavro link=topic=14577.msg165677#msg165677 date=1376954492]
    Officially, the US, France, Germany, Britian and Taliban have condemned the crack down on the MB. This is no joke, and no surprise.

Well, the US /UK have lost more than 8000 troops in their "War against Terrorism" and thousands of civilian lives too; yet they are NO better off or safer.

They closed their embassies a few weeks ago in fear of attacks.

These idiotic leaders have not understood where terrorism is coming from.

The Saudi Government have.
  • Copticpope.org was recently hacked. Interesting sentiment sent by these terrorist (Muslims.)
  • [quote author=dthoxsasiPhilanethrope link=topic=14577.msg165682#msg165682 date=1376986139]

They have understood very well and that is the reason they continue to support them.
  • [quote author=qawe link=topic=14577.msg165687#msg165687 date=1377066145]
    [quote author=dthoxsasiPhilanethrope link=topic=14577.msg165682#msg165682 date=1376986139]

They have understood very well and that is the reason they continue to support them.

"there will come a time when someone will kill you and think they are doing a service to God".

I think the end times are coming...

but - for me, I did n't want Morsi to leave. Every day he was in power with his buddies from the MB, he lost a LOT of support. Egyptians were so naive about the MB.

Nearly everyone I know who voted for them were out in the streets protesting against him on 30 june.

I wanted him in power until the end so muslims could see and understand their religion. You ALL know very well that people like Bassem Youssef and all his group felt embarassed to be muslim when looking at the MB. They all felt ashamed of their religion thanks to the MB.

they need to discuss together what their religion is about and agree on it.

That's why Saudi Arabia is against the MB: they've made muslims feel ashamed of being muslim. This is coming from a country that prohibits christians praying in the privacy of their own homes.

America cares more about the human rights of terrorists than it does about the victims of their terrorism -except of course when the USA is that victim - then it will go and attack every person who says they hate the USA, and not even deal with the root cause of the problem. the root cause is Islam.

There is NO other way to say it, and I'm saying this as someone who loves Muslims and respects them tremendously.

Islam is hard coded to subdue and be political. There is NO such thing as a secular Muslim. A secular muslim is worse than a Christian for many Islamists - its as if they've abandoned true Islam and are destroying it.