FASTING!

hey, everyone,
remember it's fasting for 3 days from tomorrow (monday 1st october), like the lentern fast (som il kibeer), so vegan.
if u can, postpone breakfast till later in the day, and please pray for the group who are producing a shorter list for who could be the next patriarch.

if u are very young, very old or have medical issues and can't fast from food, then please take half an hour from tv / computer / whatever else usually distracts you and pray for our church at this very important time.

this is not the time for discussing things (that was the last few months), but the time to pray and entreat God to have mercy on us and reply to us according to His mercy and not according to our sins.

if u join the fast late, don't panic, just fast! God receives the sincere prayer and our acts of worship and of showing mercy to others.

كرحمتك يا رب و ليسة كخطيانا

Comments

• quick question: how many candidates will there be after these three days?
  • now its 17 after it will be 5 to 7
  • Is this a mandatory fast?
  • [quote author=Andrew link=topic=13742.msg160241#msg160241 date=1349046054]
    Is this a mandatory fast?

Lol, nothing in this world is really "mandatory"

You should do it so we are all united as one Coptic body and can entreat God to bless us in choosing the next shepherd of the church which is a huge undertaking with all the stuff that is happening in Egypt.
  • Of course there are mandatory things.

I am just asking if this is a required fast, or simply an encouraged one. . .
  • [quote author=Andrew link=topic=13742.msg160245#msg160245 date=1349048424]
    Of course there are mandatory things.

I would say a very, very, very encouraged one...
  • [quote author=Andrew link=topic=13742.msg160245#msg160245 date=1349048424]

Quite frankly, this process could very well end in a disaster with various schisms, so we really need to invite God to intervene.  Our hope is in Christ.
  • [quote author=Copticandproud link=topic=13742.msg160246#msg160246 date=1349049709]
    [quote author=Andrew link=topic=13742.msg160245#msg160245 date=1349048424]

I would say a very, very, very encouraged one...

i would say its a required fast because its tradition from the first popes