st. mary appearing and nonbelievers

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
how is it that egypt is mostly muslim when st. Mary her self appears allot over the churches... also with miracles that happen and the muslims wittness it ... how is it that their is only 9% of coptic christians in egypt... is it bacause they are hard headed or they are affraid that they are to be persecuted like us ....
Why... Why... Why is it that the coptic people get bombed killed beat up spit at persecuted when the muslims in all of Egypt have seen or heard or have sean pictures of the Beautifull st.Mary appearing!!! why dont they finaly open their eyes and see that our faith is the TRUE ONE !!!!!!!! ??????

M.M 

Comments

• A better question to ask is: why don't Copts see that Orthodoxy is the True faith?
  • [quote author=TITL link=topic=12769.msg149908#msg149908 date=1325639144]
    A better question to ask is: why don't Copts see that Orthodoxy is the True faith?

i dont understand coptic people are orthodox
  • I understand what she'a getting at, and I'm really beginning to think the problem is a lot smaller than people are making it out to be.
  • Anyway, to answer your question, i think it's more human nature than anything. The longer you believe something, the harder it is to let go of that belief. I'm sure many wonder about it, but those who do are restrained by a culture that forbids it. That is what Islam does.
  • It's very hard for people to just 'let go' of a religion. Look at from their perspective. You're a Muslim, and you've been one your whole life. Would it be easy to just leave your faith?
  • Same with Elijah. Why would he kill all the prophets of Baal? these prophets were extremely faithful in their god. It's not easy for one to just give up what he's been clinging on to his whole life.
  • [quote author=peter_saad link=topic=12769.msg150255#msg150255 date=1326246716]
    Same with Elijah. Why would he kill all the prophets of Baal? these prophets were extremely faithful in their god. It's not easy for one to just give up what he's been clinging on to his whole life.

Elijah didn't kill the prophets of Baal. I am not trying to offend you or anything I just want to make it clear for the other people reading this that might not know the situation.
  • Elijah didn't kill them. He had them killed, if that makes a difference.
  • [quote author=peter_saad link=topic=12769.msg150262#msg150262 date=1326255118]
    Elijah didn't kill them. He had them killed, if that makes a difference.

Technically not. It was God who justly dealt with them. Elijah had nothing to do with it, he just embarrassed them big time when their god Baal didn't help them. It's just small things like this that we should get straight because we don't want some crazy person trying to prove Christianity wrong to come on the site and use this as a reason saying that Murder is a sin yet Elijah killed mass amounts of people.
  • And Elijah said to them, “Seize the prophets of Baal! Do not let one of them escape!” So they seized them; and Elijah brought them down to the Brook Kishon and executed them there.

Elijah had nothing to do with it?
  • The topic of this thread was about St. Mary appearing, not Elijah murdering people, though I mentioned it. I was using it as an example that even the prophets of baal witnessed the fire come down, yet Elijah still killed them.  When one is extremely faithful (Muslims) and has given his whole to something, it's not easy to just forget about it.
  • [quote author=George_Mina_Awad link=topic=12769.msg149916#msg149916 date=1325654337]
    Anyway, to answer your question, i think it's more human nature than anything. The longer you believe something, the harder it is to let go of that belief. I'm sure many wonder about it, but those who do are restrained by a culture that forbids it. That is what Islam does.

I think that this is VERY true George...and also it is the fault of those who know that this is real but do not want other people to know this, so they lie and say that it is just the Copts playing tricks with electricity...which really i think is a joke because how can an event so huge and beautiful and widespread be a trick? I do not beleive it to be common sense.
  • Consider this: what if all of a sudden there were reports of Muhammed appearing on top of mosques and there were many people who claimed to see him. Would you convert to Islam?
  • [quote author=markmarcos link=topic=12769.msg154847#msg154847 date=1335043977]
    no way

Exactly
  • Yea but that's because I know that their is many things that prove their faith wrong
  • [quote author=servant33 link=topic=12769.msg154857#msg154857 date=1335067447]
    [quote author=markmarcos link=topic=12769.msg154847#msg154847 date=1335043977]
    no way

Exactly

I am going to have to agree Because if i was raised all my life in a specific way I admit it will take ALOT to sway me from the beliefs that i grew up with. But i suppose that this is more incentive to pray for those non-believers in hope that they just maybe able to truly believe
    +God Bless+