Pope Shenouda III's Repose

Are the rumors of Pope Shenouda III's death true??

Comments

• It's true - heard it from a bishop just now
    God repose his soul and strengthen the church
  • Please change the banner to "Pope Shenouda's Repose".
    Our father is not dead. He is at peace in the Bosom of the Fathers.
    In the region of the living where there is no sorrow or grief.
    I miss my father.  I miss all that I have called father.
  • R.I.P. our lovely, Holy, blessed Pope Shenouda  :'( :'( :'(
    You were loved by all your people and we still love you. It will never be the same without you. I learned a lot from
    you.
    Remember us before the throne of God.

• Pray for the soul of our blessed and honored father Pope Abba Shenouda III, that the Lord God may repose his soul in the bosom of our holy fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, in the Paradise of joy, and forgive us our sins.
    http://tasbeha.org/hymn_library/view/2246

I never thought we will have to say that response in church in my lifetime.....
  • [quote author=minatasgeel link=topic=13040.msg153184#msg153184 date=1332006640]
    Pray for the soul of our blessed and honored father Papa Abba (Kerrelos VI), that the Lord God may repose his soul in the bosom of our holy fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, in the Paradise of joy, and forgive us our sins.

Shenouda III (Correction) :'(
  • May he advocate on our behalf in heaven.

RIP His Holiness Pope Shenouda the III Archbishop of the See of Alexandria.

• This quick? Do they all meet the requirements? I know how essential it is to appoint a new pope as fast as possible but this fast? Do you think that Pope Shenouda recommended them before his repose? This is unbelievable.
  • please could anyone give any ctv or similar link?
    u can read it here bbc.co.uk
    may God give him the rest and great reward.
  • [quote author=Copticandproud link=topic=13040.msg153188#msg153188 date=1332007738]

This quick? Do they all meet the requirements? I know how essential it is to appoint a new pope as fast as possible but this fast? Do you think that Pope Shenouda recommended them before his repose? This is unbelievable.

ignore this. they don't know what they're talking about. They will be choosing a Qa-em Maqam until they choose the new pope.

mabsoota, CTV: http://ctvchannel.tv/
    but i think it's currently down because of lack of bandwidth.
  • [quote author=minatasgeel link=topic=13040.msg153191#msg153191 date=1332008031]
    [quote author=Copticandproud link=topic=13040.msg153188#msg153188 date=1332007738]

This quick? Do they all meet the requirements? I know how essential it is to appoint a new pope as fast as possible but this fast? Do you think that Pope Shenouda recommended them before his repose? This is unbelievable.

ignore this. they don't know what they're talking about. They will be choosing a Qa-em Maqam until they choose the new pope.

mabsoota, CTV: http://ctvchannel.tv/
    but i think it's currently down because of lack of bandwidth.

Mena, do you know how long would this take? We can not afford to wait for 3 years. We already have enough problems.
  • 7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing. (2 Timothy 4:7-8)

RIP our beloved father and master Pope Shenouda III. Pray for us before the throne of God.
  • [quote author=Copticandproud link=topic=13040.msg153192#msg153192 date=1332008157]
    Mena, do you know how long would this take? We can not afford to wait for 3 years. We already have enough problems.

Choosing Qa-em Maqam will be fast.....choosing a Pope can take as long as takes. Yes we have enough probs now and they just got much worst. so let's not worry about this now.
  • [quote author=minatasgeel link=topic=13040.msg153194#msg153194 date=1332008626]
    [quote author=Copticandproud link=topic=13040.msg153192#msg153192 date=1332008157]

Choosing Qa-em Maqam will be fast.....choosing a Pope can take as long as takes. Yes we have enough probs now and they just got much worst. so let's not worry about this now.

What are the requirements for Qa-em Maqam?
  • You are in our heart ya Baba Shenouda. Gowa el 2alb: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKhZ8CLMqpE
  • Now question.

What are we to say during the liturgy instead of the litany of the fathers? When is the litany for the departed patriarch prayed? What are we to do in the hitenniat?
  • May our Heavenly Father rest his pure soul in His bosom.

Pope Shenouda III, we will never forget you. Please intercede for your people.
  • RIP Our father, master, and Pope Shenouda III. May be our Lord and savior, Jesus Christ be in your bosom and we'll never forget you, and we all love you and we still love you, even after we are dead in our physical body, but alive in our spiritual body. We will see you again in the later times, and unto the ages of all ages. Amen. Alleluia. Peace be with you all. And with your Spirit. :'( :'( :'( :'(  :'( :'( :'(
  • The Church remains in God's hands. It is the Body and the Bride of Christ. We are in no worse situation than we were this morning because those who are with us are greater than those who are against us, and have always been. God does not love us less, nor have less care for his Church. We are sad because we have lost a father, but we must not think that the Church has lost any of the care which God has for it. It is God who will preserve us in these coming weeks, months and years, as he has always done.

Now His Holiness will intercede for us with an even greater clarity and urgency, together with Pope Kyrillos, and all those who have passed from this life in the love of God. He has passed to a well deserved rest. May the Lord say to him, 'Well done, thou good and faithful servant'.
  • Suggestion: can someone please change the photo on the homepage? I think there are plenty of great pictures of HH that can replace that one.
  • really beautiful, father.
    moved me to tears.
  • Isn't the temporary head supposed to be the most senior bishop, this means there is no choice to be made. I may be wrong. I wanted to ask what we will say now that there is no pope. It has been asked but not answered.
  • [quote author=mikeylovesgod link=topic=13040.msg153210#msg153210 date=1332014379]
    Isn't the temporary head supposed to be the most senior bishop, this means there is no choice to be made. I may be wrong. I wanted to ask what we will say now that there is no pope. It has been asked but not answered.

Anba Mikhail of Assuit was to be the temporary head, but he declined to to health reasons. Instead it will be Metropolitan Pakhomious of El-Beheira. However, this is only until the new Patriarch is selected.
  • It a joyous day in heaven. There hasn't been one like Pope Shenouda and I doubt if there ever be one like him in the future. I consider myself lucky and blessed to have been born and witness this great man of God.

He departed to heaven at the age of 88. I like the numbers, it isnt a coincidence. Like His Holiness Pope Kyrillos (at 68 ), he left us in the month of March. Memory eternal.

http://elmaqar.org/cg/

“Come to Me My beloved Shenouda blessed of My Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you before the foundation of the world"
  • i found some links. currently news here:
    http://cycnow.com/
    and ctv now back on line apparently here:
    http://www.arabo.tv/videos/194/ctv-coptic-tv.html
  • May our Lord repose His Holiness in the paradise of joy and may his prayers and intercessions be with us now and for all time. I agree with Ezekiel: As we have cherished him on earth and will continue to do so, now heaven will rejoice at receiving a true servant of God. It is a joyous day, and no worries can take away that joy. God will send us a good shepherd; we need only have patience and trust in Him.

My prayers are with all of you and with the whole church during this time of transition.
  • [quote author=Father Peter link=topic=13040.msg153204#msg153204 date=1332012492]
    The Church remains in God's hands. It is the Body and the Bride of Christ. We are in no worse situation than we were this morning because those who are with us are greater than those who are against us, and have always been. God does not love us less, nor have less care for his Church. We are sad because we have lost a father, but we must not think that the Church has lost any of the care which God has for it. It is God who will preserve us in these coming weeks, months and years, as he has always done.

Now His Holiness will intercede for us with an even greater clarity and urgency, together with Pope Kyrillos, and all those who have passed from this life in the love of God. He has passed to a well deserved rest. May the Lord say to him, 'Well done, thou good and faithful servant'.
    Beautiful, Father Peter, thank you for this enlightening and beautiful post.
  • [quote author=minatasgeel link=topic=13040.msg153184#msg153184 date=1332006640]
    Pray for the soul of our blessed and honored father Pope Abba Shenouda III, that the Lord God may repose his soul in the bosom of our holy fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, in the Paradise of joy, and forgive us our sins.

Really? Given you are at most say 30years old it can be reasonably assumed you might live till 80. Therefore you expected Pope shenouda to depart in 50 years... When he is 138 years old?