A scathing attack on Arabic, English, and perhaps other languages (1)

edited October 2010 in Hymns Discussion
The hymn [coptic]ton ;anaton[/coptic]:
http://tasbeha.org/hymn_library/view/337
My main comments on this hymn are as follows:
1. note the phrase [coptic]ke tyn analum'in[/coptic]:
♪ [coptic]ke[/coptic]∆ [coptic]ty[/coptic]▲[coptic]n a[/coptic]↔[coptic]na[/coptic]↔[coptic]lu[/coptic]▲[coptic]m'[/coptic]↑[coptic]in[/coptic] ♪ shows us the elevation with the word "Your ascension", so that the music is congruent with the word. Compare that to ▼ وصعودك↓
2. the phrase "[coptic]cou `ntyc ouranyc[/coptic]":
♪ [coptic]c[/coptic]▼[coptic]ou `[/coptic]↑↑[coptic]nty[/coptic]↑↑[coptic]c ou[/coptic]▲[coptic]ra[/coptic]↑[coptic]ny[/coptic]↑↑[coptic]c[/coptic] ♪
which goes without saying that the tune is high to denote "into heaven"; as compared to ▼ إلي  السموات ↓

Edit: a clarification at the end of the second paragraph...

[coptic]oujai qen `P[C[/coptic]

Comments

• [quote author=ophadece link=topic=9902.msg121268#msg121268 date=1288013189]
    The hymn [coptic]ton ;anaton[/coptic]:
    http://tasbeha.org/hymn_library/view/337
    My main comments on this hymn are as follows:
    1. note the phrase [coptic]ke tyn analum'in[/coptic]:
    ♪ [coptic]ke[/coptic]∆ [coptic]ty[/coptic]▲[coptic]n a[/coptic]↔[coptic]na[/coptic]↔[coptic]lu[/coptic]▲[coptic]m'[/coptic]↑[coptic]in[/coptic] ♪ shows us the elevation with the word "Your ascension", so that the music is congruent with the word. Compare that to ▼ وصعودك↓
    2. the phrase "[coptic]cou `ntyc ouranyc[/coptic]":
    ♪ [coptic]c[/coptic]▼[coptic]ou `[/coptic]↑↑[coptic]nty[/coptic]↑↑[coptic]c ou[/coptic]▲[coptic]ra[/coptic]↑[coptic]ny[/coptic]↑↑[coptic]c[/coptic] ♪
    which goes without saying that the tune is high to denote "into heaven"; as compared to ▼ إلي  السموات ↓

Edit: a clarification at the end of the second paragraph...

i don't think it's an attack.....we been knowing this from long ago.
  • That is good for me to hear... but I am not sure that every body is aware of that...
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=9902.msg121288#msg121288 date=1288028278]
    That is good for me to hear... but I am not sure that every body is aware of that...

no one cares. all just want something to understand and sometimes just argue
  • Completely agree. Just hope that people do start to care...