How can I use this talent??

edited August 2011 in Youth Corner

Comments

• Well it's great you thought about this. You can use reading for a service by reading the Bible with the little kids or anybody in Sunday School.
    I believe you already know this by being a bookworm that the more you read the more knowledge you have. You can read apologetics or the Bible or any church books and you can use that knowledge for defending the church, converting people, and even teaching people. This is such a great talent that most people take for granted.

Congrats, lol.

May God bless you
  • [quote author=yousiegtennis link=topic=9466.msg116700#msg116700 date=1279402738]
    Lately, I have been thinking about what talents I possess and how I can best use them to serve God, the church, and other people...I found one: writing (which I know how to use in the service of God).  I was also told that reading is also considered a talent (I am a bookworm)...however, I do not know how I can use reading to serve God...any ideas?

you call it bookworm... I call it nerd!

the more one reads, the more one knows... the more one is judged!

its great to learn, and to read, but do what you read... everyone has talents, a person who smiles to random people and could have a conversation with people has a talent... being a "nerd" is a talent... so you can accumulate all this information you read and write it through your books... when I write a story, I put the regular story that everyone will understand, and then I put the meaning which is filled with a lot of dogmatic views of the Coptic Church... if you know how to use your writing, then you will have a place to use your reading, because they go hand in hand!

neshkor Allah, akhadna el baraka!