Welcoming Priests

Hello Everyone, I hope everyone is having a blessed fast :)

I was just wondering if anyone knows where I can find more information about the service for welcoming back a newly ordained priest. An explanation of the rites/taqs, and just any information for the asheya in general.

Also if anyone has a copy of the service it would be great. The only place I've found it is from Jersey City's Presentation. Does anyone have it or know where else I could find it?

Thanks everyone, pray for me and please respond ASAP since I'm leaving the country in a few days. But even if it isn't soon enough please still post it here and I'll see it when I get back. Thanks again guys :)

Comments

• give me a couple of days.....
  • Awesome dude, thank you so much God bless :)

If anyone else has contemplations or spiritual articles on the rites of the day it would be great. Thanks guys :)
  • [quote author=Tishori link=topic=9313.msg115019#msg115019 date=1275607990]
    Awesome dude, thank you so much God bless :)

If anyone else has contemplations or spiritual articles on the rites of the day it would be great. Thanks guys :)

there are books about clergy.

the best thing to read in this right is the Commandment that is read unto the priest. I have to say that it's the most important thing in the whole service. Like the Pauline clears up many of the services....the psalm tells them their status....the gospel confirms the true faith in Christ (John 1)....then you have the commandment that confirms all of this and puts it together in a prayer. the commandment is read to the priest by his brothers the other priests serving with him in the diocese.....i think the oldest begins and keeps going.
  • what i was taught is that the deacons enter the church with evologemenos and not epouro.

if im wrong tell me :)
  • [quote author=Crazy4Christ1 link=topic=9313.msg115027#msg115027 date=1275614473]
    what i was taught is that the deacons enter the church with evologemenos and not epouro.

if im wrong tell me :)

sorry. no. only ep-orro. maybe ekhrestos if it was in the Fifties. evlogimenos only for palm sunday and the pope.