ECCYC

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
So I am thinking about going to ECCYC this year. My church never goes as a group, and I've always wanted to go to a convention, so I am thinking about just signing up myself and going. I was just wondering if anyone here has been, and i wanted to know what its all about and what you do there and stuff, as I have never been to a convention in my life.

Thank you, pray for me,

Chris

Comments

• [quote author=AikotiEnsok link=topic=9307.msg114939#msg114939 date=1275443860]
    So I am thinking about going to ECCYC this year. My church never goes as a group, and I've always wanted to go to a convention, so I am thinking about just signing up myself and going. I was just wondering if anyone here has been, and i wanted to know what its all about and what you do there and stuff, as I have never been to a convention in my life.

Thank you, pray for me,

Chris

you might have a small problem....you have to go with a church because you also must have  a servant with you.
  • If you are old enough and in college you may want to consider the midwest convention either this summer or in the fall or winter. Those are always beneficial and fun.
  • If no one from your church is going, you can always sign up to go with another church, as long as you have the servant's permission as he will be the one responsible for you. Chris, are you in high school or college? I'll be going to my second college ECCYC this summer so I'll briefly describe my own experience. For three days you're with people who share the same beliefs and culture with you. You'll meet dozens of new people, make new friends, and share in the love of Christ with everyone. Bishops and priests come and serve by leading small group discussions (15 peopleish) and giving sermons to the convention as a whole. The liturgy and tasbeha are wonderful. The convention is not all just meetings and things like that, though a large part of it is. There is a lot of time for socialization between events and lots of free time where everyone convenes and plays games such as that wrap-a-balloon-on-your-leg-and-pop-the-other-balloons and other things. You'll learn a lot about the faith and about yourself. Overall, very Egyptian, you'd enjoy it and I def. recommend signing up if you can.

If you're going to the HS convention, it gets crazier from what I've heard, but I'm sure someone else can shed some light on that if they've went.
  • [quote author=SilentOne link=topic=9307.msg114948#msg114948 date=1275456066]
    If you're going to the HS convention, it gets crazier from what I've heard, but I'm sure someone else can shed some light on that if they've went.

it gets crazy because most just go for "fun" even though there is only ONE GENDER for HS
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=9307.msg114963#msg114963 date=1275496213]
    there is only ONE GENDER for HS

D:

well anyway, yes i am in high school... i will try to go with another church if i can, thank you all for your help!