hye!!is are you coptic since your chilhood or did some of you became coptic in a

edited December 1969 in Introductions
Hello everybody

i m new here, i hear about u by a friend of mine
i became christian in a late age and i m just curious to know if sanyone else had the same experience

well glad to be here and God keep U all

Comments

• I thank God I was born into a Coptic Orthodox family.  I was baptized, and I enjoy the Holy Sacraments (Mysteries) as much as I can.

I thank God.
  • I was born into a secular family and was Baptised into the Coptic Orthodox Church just a month ago.
  • why does the thread starter have 0 posts when he has made a post
  • geomike, i have often wondered that with other posts. my conclusion is that the system may not be perfect  ;)

about being coptic, i was born into an atheist family, then became a Christian as a small child when my mum, then my dad started reading the Bible. we went to lots of different sorts of churches, then i broadened my search after i grew up and joined the coptic orthodox church about 1 1/2 years ago.
    the best things about being Christian are God's love and His guidance. this means we can no longer do our own thing but doing God's thing is more satisfying and makes us really alive and peaceful.
    tell us your story, amazing kiriacos, how did you meet God?
  • WWaaouu danieM congratulation!
    tell us more about u too
    I forgot to say that i am french so sorry in advance for my spelling mistake

hye mabsoota, me as a French the catholic church was the only around me, I was introduce to the orthodox faith trough a friend of mine    i wasn t baptised,my family are all atheist, they don t know anything about God .....hope one day they will...   
    When I started to go further with the catholic it was really hard. Something was kind of missing for me, I remember I was asking question about how can I know God, cause how can I love someone if I don t know him? the priest told me of saying that i don t need to read the Bible now  that i m not a school, i m not going to pass a test
    I felt that it wasn t my place and I left them. 
    I found another catholic community  the MJCF, really really nice, amazing people who taught me a lot, the only problem: they were excommunicated and I wasn t really comfortable with that 

my orthodox friend was really a good Christian, I saw God in him and I meet Abouna Anba Bishoy and i found myself confessing to him, that how it s start and since then I didn t leave the orthodox church!! And i m here today!!

DanieM what about u??
  • Hi Amazing Kiriacos

Mine, and other converts stories are in this thread.

http://tasbeha.org/content/community/index.php?topic=8957.0
  • thanks for sharing, it's a big blessing.
    and don't worry about yr english
    vous parlez plus bien que moi en francais, quand je parle francais le monde ris (laugh)  :D
    may God guide you and show you the way ahead.
    que Dieu vous benisse
    :)
  • [quote author=amazing kiriacos link=topic=9238.msg114482#msg114482 date=1274133756]
    WWaaouu danieM congratulation!
    tell us more about u too
    I forgot to say that i am french so sorry in advance for my spelling mistake

hye mabsoota, me as a French the catholic church was the only around me, I was introduce to the orthodox faith trough a friend of mine     i wasn t baptised,my family are all atheist, they don t know anything about God .....hope one day they will...   
    When I started to go further with the catholic it was really hard. Something was kind of missing for me, I remember I was asking question about how can I know God, cause how can I love someone if I don t know him? the priest told me of saying that i don t need to read the Bible now  that i m not a school, i m not going to pass a test
    I felt that it wasn t my place and I left them.   
    I found another catholic community  the MJCF, really really nice, amazing people who taught me a lot, the only problem: they were excommunicated and I wasn t really comfortable with that 

my orthodox friend was really a good Christian, I saw God in him and I meet Abouna Anba Bishoy and i found myself confessing to him, that how it s start and since then I didn t leave the orthodox church!! And i m here today!!

DanieM what about u??

Hi Amazing Keriacos,

Welcome to the tasbeha.org!

Tell us more about your Coptic friend - how did he/she manage to attract you to Christ? What happened exactly?

How have your family treated you since you've become Coptic? I speak some French also, so you can write me in French if you want!

What do you think of the Coptic Orthodox Church as a non Egyptian? Have people been nice to you?

Welcome again to the CoC!!
  • i was born into the church
    lucky me! :D