Happy Advent

Let us thank God for all His gifts... here is my new icon...

Comments

• [center]Select meanings of the icon
    "The pregnancy of the Christ
    'Theotokos"
    By hands of Bishoy Michael[/center]

Green surrounding and dark ground- there was no salvation on earth, it was darkness before the birth of Christ, thus St. Mary is the mother of salvation.

Red surrounding the blue (background) - the red is signifying the glory, surrounding heaven (blue) only her is the connector between Heaven and earth (she is the ladder)… also Aaron the priest, is touching Heaven, showing that they received a glimpse of Heaven through the actions they did instructed by the Lord, but its only his hand, while saint Mary is the main connector. Also the blue looks like an eye… being the eye of God, watching and choosing her to reside and take human flesh from her.

Aaron and Moses- Aaron representing Priesthood, and Moses representing Prophets

Aaron- is holding his rod, the rod is almost as if it is a part of Saint Mary, because she is Aaron’s rod which budded and brought forth fruit.

Aaron’s censer- she is Aaron’s censer. The charcoal is red, representing God full of glory residing in her. Also Aaron looks as if he is serving (holding a censer, dressed with his breastplate, having his shoes off), because he is in front of the ark of covenant (Saint Mary). Also it shows that priests were getting the glimpse of Heaven through the symbols of St. Mary.

Moses- he has his shoes off, looking at Saint Mary, because she is the burning bush. Also he stands as if he is just watching, not doing anything, and reminding us how God sought him. Also him being a symbol of the prophets, it is as if he is standing and prophesying along with the prophets, about the birth of the virgin, through which is salvation.

Saint Mary- dressed in a red out garment, because she is surrounded by glory, and under is blue because she is the second heaven. She is surrounded by light, because she is carrying the true light, and her being the mother of light.

Hands of saint mary- they are up showing

1. She is praying, and lived a life of prayer and thanksgiving
    2. It looks as if she is saying, “enough” because of God’s blessing, she is content
    3. showing humility
    4. Being submissive to God’s plan, and her hands are up because she had no hand in salvation but to give birth to Christ, and give Him the human flesh, but yet she too needed salvation.
    Saint Mary’s stomach- there is a red outing which is for glory, and the inside is blue for the divinity, because she carried the God Almighty, making her the Theotokos

Christ- yet He is a child, you can see maturity In His face, showing that He is God. Also He sits on a mattress with no seat… because Saint Mary is the throne. Under His feet is the earth, because the earth is His footstool , the mattress carried by two cherubim, they are red because they are full of glory. He was carried by the cherubim was carried by saint Mary, showing also that saint mary is higher than the cherubim and seraphim. He is carrying a book with Alpha and Omega... representing that He is God, the beginning and the end, as in the book of revelation… also signifying God is a circle of gold, because He has no beginning and no end.

akhadna el baraka.... neshkor Allah!
  • and here is a contemplation drawing of the song "Mary did you know"

it also goes well with the season!

"Mary Did You Know"

Mary did you know that your baby boy will one day walk on water?

Mary did you know that your baby boy will save our sons and daughters?

Did you know that your baby boy has come to make you new?

This child that you've delivered, will soon deliver you.

Mary did you know that your baby boy will give sight to a blind man?

Mary did you know that your baby boy will calm a storm with his hand?

Did you know that your baby boy has walked where angels trod?

And when you kiss your little baby, you have kissed the face of God.

The blind will see, the deaf will hear and the dead will live again.

The lame will leap, the dumb will speak, the praises of the lamb.

Mary did you know that your baby boy is Lord of all creation?

Mary did you know that your baby boy will one day rule the nations?

Did you know that your baby boy is heaven's perfect Lamb?

This sleeping child you're holding is the great I am.

hope you guys enjoy... please pray for me

neshkor Allah... Akhadna el baraka!
  • lovely!
    :)
    happy advent.
  • dude... im usually fascinated at ancient icons in churches... but yours is just like them...how long did it take u do make that painting?
  • Bishoy, God bless your talent... I love your all your icons and especially this one... I have one little request, can you post a picture that shows the FULL icon... kind of like the last one, but it's blurrry and it doesn't show Aaron's censer

Also, I have a question... I am illiterate when it comes to old testament, but I am working on it... my question is, what is that bird on the left represent?

thanks and pray for me
  • dude... im usually fascinated at ancient icons in churches... but yours is just like them...how long did it take u do make that painting?

lol this is exactly the style that I go for... I go for the ancient coptic style... I'm actually happy that you noticed it!

I wrote this icon in a about a week, that included preparing the board and doing all the research, lol actually in the second picture of the icon, you'll see one of the books I used along with about eleven or so others and of course the bible!

the least... 3eneya, next time I go to church I'll take another picture for it

Also, I have a question... I am illiterate when it comes to old testament, but I am working on it... my question is, what is that bird on the left represent?

you're the second person to mention that... it's actually leaves budding from the rod of Aaron the priest, and there is fruit, even though the bible mentions it was almonds, but i put as two red fruits, one in the front and one in the back.

the meaning of that part is... the three leaves are for God the father and son and holy spirit, all were in the stomach of the theotokos (the rod of Aaron) and the two fruits are the hidden one looks old and its darkened... its the old testament, and the one that really shows looks new and has life, and its the new testament. that is for the old and new testament talking about the virgin girl carrying God.

neshkor Allah... akhadna el baraka!