Virgin Mary Apparition

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
I just saw this video about an apparition of Virgin Mary in Cairo recently:

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Its amazing.

It is being reported in a lot of Egyptian Satellite Channels. I was just listening to Amr Adeeb.

It looks like the real deal.
  • The place in Cairo where the church is, is: Al Warraq, Imbaba.

By any chance, does anyone know the name of this church? I want to go and check it out myself...
  • [quote author=John_S2000 link=topic=8584.msg108405#msg108405 date=1260801627]
    sodr2, another link here
    http://tasbeha.org/content/community/index.php?topic=8551.msg108404#msg108404

GBU

Oh, you guys already were talking about it... well  ::) this thread is embarrassing lol.
  • Not at all sodr2  :)
    You did the right thing the apparition clearly deserves to be on a separate thread.

GBU
  • Thank you all for these updates. It is frustrating to note that no Coptic TV,like Agapi and CTV camera crews are on spot to record events. All we have is this single poorly recorded image that is making rounds all over the internet.If we think the government's TV companies are going to attend to witness these miraculous events, then we could wait until hell freezes over. Apart from the footage in the appartions of Assuit,I have never seen any clearly taken images of any apparitions of our Virgin mother. I think ,we could do better than that,but why aren't we? I think Fr Peter has asked the same question previously.

Assuit Apparition;

(The Virgin is clearly visible at 2:21 -2:48)
  • Mozes do you mean 2:21-2:48 on the video camera or 2:21 of the youtube video?
  • [quote author=epchois_nai_nan link=topic=8584.msg108423#msg108423 date=1260844809]
    Mozes do you mean 2:21-2:48 on the video camera or 2:21 of the youtube video?

epchoice, I meant on the the youtube link; at 2:21 minute , you will be able to see the Virgin Mary in her full glory.Sorry for the confusione.
  • Oh sorry it was my bad, I couldn't make it out the first time, I thought it would be brighter but I can see it now. Thankyou :)
  • [quote author=epchois_nai_nan link=topic=8584.msg108427#msg108427 date=1260845488]
    Oh sorry it was my bad, I couldn't make it out the first time, I thought it would be brighter but I can see it now. Thankyou :)

Try this link. he says he is joe, meet Joe..lol..his clip appears a bit brighter..

• Here is somewhat better resolution of the apparitions. Note the dove that is flying to and fro. I also seem to notice a cloud of incense around the appearing light??

Glory be to God

• Witnesses share their stories on the apparition..The TV footage has 7 parts.

• watch this video
    she appeared again today 12-16 in the same church

• [quote author=Marina6 link=topic=8584.msg108506#msg108506 date=1261104938]
    watch this video
    she appeared again today 12-16 in the same church

Thanks..It looks similar to the Zeitun apparition. At one point she disappears.
    I find it sad that no one carries a decent Video camera. Let us hope for better images.
  • How about we keep this thread about Our Lady of Warraq?

The day my dad went (in the MORNING?!), she appeared again (at night OBVIOUSLY):

You can see her!!

Man, I really want to go...
  • This is the testimony of a miracle that happened to this woman who was blinded by severe diabetes complications. She was under long medical follow-up and now she can see clearly. The miracle happened to her during the St Virgin's apparition at the 'old church' by her name in Waraq.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9uDzC6brzs

Glory be to God. Amen.

GBU
  • Is there still no decent quality video anywhere?

Some Coptic Orthodox in Cairo must surely have a video camera?

Father Peter
  • [quote author=peterfarrington link=topic=8584.msg108519#msg108519 date=1261157683]
    Is there still no decent quality video anywhere?

Some Coptic Orthodox in Cairo must surely have a video camera?

Father Peter

Dear Fr Peter,

I am pinning my hope on tourists who happen to be around there to record the event decently.I recall reading that some of the best photos taken from the Zeitoun apparitions were shot by tourists.I hope they get a wind of this glorious event.

In the mean time, i have 2 links that show the church and the area somewhat clearly.It gives one an idea of where the artifical lights stand ( to avoid confusion with the real light) and how the people chant and sing praises for the Holy Virgin. Incase, you decide to go and witness the event, you would know what expects you before hand :)

Additionally, I have a great link that sums up the entire event from all angles:

http://zeitun-eg.org/warraq.htm

• Thank u for this post! I find the Apparition very clear and comforting!!!
  • It is a comfort, but it is not very clear. Certainly not clear enough to show someone and say, look the Blessed Virgin has appeared.

It cannot be that the only footage is on a dodgy mobile phone?

It is clear that a great many people have seen enough to be convinced, but I would like to have better footage or some photos.

Father Peter
  • Dear all,

I think that people waiting for the apparition outside the church would now carry good cams.
    As soon as I find a clearer video taken by a better cam I'll post a link.

They didn't think that HRes mobile cams would not take good clips and during apparitions the gathered ppl are pushing each other, they did what they could and what had been captured already is indeed genuine evidence.

Thanks Mozes for the Zeitun site link.

GBU
  • Dear ALL,

I thought I saw the Holy Mother's blue garment in the clips and this analysis seems to make it even more clearer.

There is something that is true of the virtuous nature of our Holy Virgin. She chooses to make her appearances in poor churchs or poor districts. In 1986, when she appeared over the church of  St Demiana, in Shobra,Cairo, it was the same thing. The church was very poor and scarcely visited by people. The Abouna of the church has always fervently prayed to God and the Virgin to send him people.There were times,where he would just close the gates of the church and go home.The Holy Virgin decided to visit the church herself and the glorious apparitions began accompanied by countless miracles. People began flocking and donations kept pouring in. Today,the church is no longer poor in terms of finance and congregation. It has been blessed abundantly.

The fact the the Holy Virgin always chooses to appear at a poor district demonstrates vividly  her humble character. At the same time,it might also explain as to why we still don't have clear pictures taken by good camera's.

• Is this a coincidence?

1968 - Zeitoun
    1986 - Shobra ( note the digtis swapped)

8+ 6 = 14

After 14 years,in the year 2000--in Assuit....am just thinking loudly :)

CTV has done a lousy job so far, but at least it seems to be waking up now.Here is a report from the channel on the apparition. Still not a clear pic,but at least the heavenly dove is paving the way for the Holy Virgin.

(See at 3:04 -3:12 stretching her hands )

PS: John, if it were not for you breaking the news, i would not know.Thanks for your efforts.
  • Aghapy showed a great show over an hour long where they had 2 priests, a bishop, and another person and they analyzed everything and confirmed the apparition. The bishop read that actual statement issued by the Bishopric of Giza confirming the apparition. But unfortunately all the videos they showed were just the low quality ones we've been seeing.
  • [quote author=peterfarrington link=topic=8584.msg108547#msg108547 date=1261246846]
    It is a comfort, but it is not very clear. Certainly not clear enough to show someone and say, look the Blessed Virgin has appeared.

It cannot be that the only footage is on a dodgy mobile phone?

It is clear that a great many people have seen enough to be convinced, but I would like to have better footage or some photos.

Father Peter

Dear Father,

I am not being facetious. I can really see Her clearly! Especially on Mozes' zeitun-eg.org video post. It is like the Transfiguration.....She is shining, but u can still see Her form clearly.

GB,
    elsi
  • Thank you Mozes :) tho I was not the first to bring the news...

Thank God now that it's been official there is no immediate problem of video quality.
    Speaking of HQ I am kind of idealistic myself and I always prefer better recordings with higher resolutions, better stage setup, etc. for a video or an audio! Something will show up soon I hope but what we have is strong enough.

I suppose that when showing HQ videos to real skeptics it would never be fully convincing to them unless she/he is on the actual site of the apparition and watching very closely.

If clips like these were to help solve, e.g. an police investigation, wouldn't they be evidence?

We have few BW photos of the Zeitun apparitions although they lasted for two years.
    Also the witnessing by people would be considered as important as actual video recordings.

GBU
  • I'd like to show my dad the video. He's not orthodox but very christian. But it is so poor quality that I don't think he would be impressed. It just seems odd that there is no better video at all. And I am not particularly sceptical. But I know many non-orthodox christians who would be moved by a better video.

Father Peter

• this video was done by CTV explaining the whole story. It is in arabic though. They have some of the apparition video probably with better quality. i I also know that Aghapy TV did something.

I think that only proves that this is not a joke as we all thought before.
  • Since, from the video, its not clear if it is the Mother of God, can anyone tell me if there is a person visible in all that light? Does she look, for example, like Our Lady of Lourdes? Can someone present a drawing since there is nothing clear photographically?

• Dear Father Peter,

I deeply apologize to you so please forgive my weakness, any misunderstanding is because of my hasty way of expressing my thoughts (add my bad English) I did not mean at all to insinuate anything bad (or even dared thinking). I was generalizing too much.

Perhaps the Lord will move the hearts of skeptic watchers when we show them the above apparition clips.

I can reassure everyone I watched videos of many non Christians confirming the apparitions, they are in Arabic and can be found online - though others who saw would still deny it.

aidan,
    It is likely that the apparition light is too strong at night for the contrast range of a digital cam so the human eye would be more accurate and more discerning than the cams.

GBU