The Others

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Aghapy everyone,

I have a question that has been on my mind for a while.

How does God deal with the others who are not of the upright faith? If there is a faithful Muslim, or Hindu, or Buddhist, or Jew, how does God deal with them when they pray or meditate?

How is it that some of them are successful in their worldly life and are nice people if it was not God that provided?

thanks and pray for me

Comments

• i only have time for a short answer (bedtime in uk!) but those from other faiths who truly seek God and try to do good will be lead by the Holy Spirit to a relationship with God through Jesus our saviour, like my friend who converted from another religion after dreaming that she met one of our bishops. she also had many other things that happened to her.
    when she finally met the bishop in the flesh, she recognised him from the dream and is now coptic  :)
  • thanks mabsoota for the post, I have a follow-up question

when Jesus said "without Me you can do nothing" (John 15:5), was He only speaking to 'us' or was He only speaking about spiritual life or what exactly?

thanks and pray for me
  • I would like to share some thoughts here.
    I completely believe that living in the light is through Jesus Christ only. “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.” John 14:6 …. Diffidently, Jesus’ words are for everyone not only for us………..

On the other side, let’s see this scenario: 2 people work in the same place with you, the person in the Christian faith, is a selfish bully. The other person is not in the Christian faith, but he is respectful and empathizes with others and tries to help them as much as he can…………… Which one do you like to deal with?............

Now, since we are humans and have the tendency to deal with the respectful people regardless their faith, wouldn’t God at least appreciate them?? I believe that their good deeds will plea for them. I don’t know how exactly, maybe not as equal as the good people in the right faith, but at the same time I believe that God is so so merciful and fair to just not ignore their good deeds even they did it not in his name. The justice of the world doesn’t say they are equal to the evil people so what about the justice of God which is even more just and fair????