The Greek Septuagint Bible ONLINE

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Hi ALL:

The New Testament quotes the Septuagint more often against the Hebrew. For example, St Paul refers to the Septuagint version of the Old Testament rather than the Masoretic  texts. At any rate, I would like to attach the link to an online version of the Greek Old Testament Scriptures, Including the Apocrypha for references.

http://www.ecmarsh.com/lxx/

Comments

• Thanks Hezekial this is great!
  • Why doesn't our Church accept all of the Septuagint books?
  • I think the prime reason is St Athanasius' Feastal letter 39. (I think that's the number). He doesn't include some of the deutrocanonical books, even though St Athanasius quotes from the Septuagint.
  • ^Thanks for the explanation.

Below is a very good Youtube video by a Chalcedonian gentlemen about the significance of the Orthodox Church's use of the Greek Septuagint, as opposed to the Hebrew Masoretic. The presentation was really interesting, particularly the part where he discusses omission of certain Scriptures from the Hebrew Masoretic by the Jews in order to combat Christianity and disown the Jewish Messiah, who is obviously our Lord Jesus. There is nothing in this video (AFAIK) which our Church would disagree with, other than the slight difference in the Coptic vs. Byzantine Biblical canon, I guess.

• Thanks Hez!