Mario & Andrew............... Prayers needed plz

edited December 1969 in Prayer Requests
The story of Andrew & Mario has been a big issue in Egypt for the past 2 years. To remind you, Andrew & Mario are 13 years old twin who were born from A Coptic couple in Alexandria and their father convert to Islam. They were forced to take  Islamic exam... yet they wrote: I am Christian (each on his answer sheet), and submitted it, they failed of course. But the Education ministry decided to let them pass. Yesterday, the court judged for their Muslim father to take charge of them and they will be forced to live with him Even though the Egyptian law allows children with their mother until age 16. but the Muslim judge ignored the law.  Furthermore, he ordered the mother to pay $10,000 with the accusation of insulting the husband.  She said that she did not insult him but the newspaper said that without any evidence of her saying .
http://www.unitedcopts.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1440&Itemid=1

I know what we can offer from far is prayers, therefore I ask from Admins, brothers & Sisters everywhere to pray all of us together tomorrow night at 10:00pm eastern time each from his own home and by the way he or she likes. This is the least we can do. If you agree plz respond... any one of us could be in this position or even worth. Also it will be a good chance to pray for all those who asked us to pray for them. Do it for Christ's sake for we are all one in him.
May God bless you & Reward you with his Heavenly rewards.

Plz pray for me

Comments

• Wonderful idea, may the prayers of all the saints be with them and you.

God Bless and Pray for me and my weakness
  • Why do you want us all to pray at 10? Even if you wanted us all to pray at the same time my 10 O'clock probably isn't your 10 O'clock.

Just Asking,
    Copt Andrew
  • That is a nice idea!!! May god be with you and with everyone else!

GBU!!!
  • [quote author=copt andrew link=topic=7156.msg94719#msg94719 date=1222635449]
    Why do you want us all to pray at 10? Even if you wanted us all to pray at the same time my 10 O'clock probably isn't your 10 O'clock.

Just Asking,
    Copt Andrew

Thats why she said 10 eastern time, so if you are in the pacific you would pray at 7 o'clock and so fourth
  • The reason I said 10:0 pm is to allow those who are studying, working or doing any normal life activity a chance to be able to pray with us. I know we are from diffrent parts so if you're pacific like JD said that you pray at 7pm if you are central then you pray at 9pm. If you can't make it, it does not mean you can't pray. But the whole point is just for those who can pray at the same time for 1 purpose. This is God's promise and we are asking him to fulfill it.

“Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven." Matthew 18:19

Plz pray for me
  • do you think we could start a fund for the mother to help her pay up the $10,000? Also, I'm pretty sure it's 10,000 Egyptian pounds and not dollars right?

PK
  • Got it.

Thanks,
    God Bless,
    Should have read more carefully,
    Copt Andrew
  • [quote author=PopeKyrillos link=topic=7156.msg94743#msg94743 date=1222645769]
    do you think we could start a fund for the mother to help her pay up the $10,000? Also, I'm pretty sure it's 10,000 Egyptian pounds and not dollars right?

PK

Regarding the funds, I Honestly don't know & I think we should Pray, wait and see.

Plz Pray for me
  • That's a wonderful idea... God Bless all of you!!
  • Am I mistaken?
    Isnt the date of this article August 6, 2007 and their court day was September of 2007?
  • You are right this has been an issue for the past 2 years. The article speaks mainly about the education problem. However, the court just gave its final statement regarding the children, which states that they are going to be muslims like their fathers. This has been issued just few days ago but unfortunately this is the only English article found with the origin of the problem.

Plz pray for me
  • I think, I logged on for a reason today. Great idea. I will join you at 10pm and will also offer my midnight prayer and St Mary's Monday's Tasbeha on their behalf. May the good Lord accept our prayers.

God bless.
  • [quote author=SaintaMaria05 link=topic=7156.msg94760#msg94760 date=1222729926]
    You are right this has been an issue for the past 2 years. The article speaks mainly about the education problem. However, the court just gave its final statement regarding the children, which states that they are going to be muslims like their fathers. This has been issued just few days ago but unfortunately this is the only English article found with the origin of the problem.

Plz pray for me

Thanks for explaining.
    I will join in the prayers.
    God Bless
  • Dear Brothers & Sisters:
    Thank you all for joining in and taking the blessing of prayers. May God bless you & Reward you with his heavenly rewards.

A comforting message that I got today is
    "Everyone who says, my Lord Jesus, is likened to a sword, casting down the enemy" (The Monday Psali).

May the power of our Lord Jesus Christ Strengthen them and help them to be a source of light in their father's live so that he may repent and return back to Christ
    Thank you all again for giving me this blessing of praying with you.

Plz pray for me
  • Our lord jesus christ will never forget them and he and our lady of us all/blessings of the saints will be with them
    amen
  • forgive my ignorance but what do u mean by this?

NESS<><
  • Jesus Christ will help them to all of their needs.
    And he(our lord) will be with them and the blessings of the saints and saint Mary be with them.