Arabs and Ishmael, The Son Of Hagar

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Would Arabs be the descendants of Ishmael the son of Abraham and Hagar the Egyptian? Where can this be found in the bible?

Comments

• Yes, Ishamel is seen as the founder of the Arabian nation, the pnly mention of Ishmael's future in the Bible is "Then the Angel of the LORD said to her, “I will multiply your descendants exceedingly, so that they shall not be counted for multitude.” 11 And the Angel of the LORD said to her.

“ Behold, you are with child,
          And you shall bear a son.
          You shall call his name Ishmael,
          Because the LORD has heard your affliction.
    12 He shall be a wild man;
          His hand shall be against every man,
          And every man’s hand against him.
          And he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren.”
    (Genesis 16:10-12)

"And as for Ishmael, I have heard you. Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly. He shall beget twelve princes, and I will make him a great nation."  (Genesis 17:20)

pray for me

joe
  • Basically,

The jews and the palestinians are cousins. lol

• [quote author=josephgabriel link=topic=6931.msg92756#msg92756 date=1216110100]
    Yes, Ishamel is seen as the founder of the Arabian nation, the pnly mention of Ishmael's future in the Bible is "Then the Angel of the LORD said to her, “I will multiply your descendants exceedingly, so that they shall not be counted for multitude.” 11 And the Angel of the LORD said to her.

“ Behold, you are with child,
          And you shall bear a son.
          You shall call his name Ishmael,
          Because the LORD has heard your affliction.
    12 He shall be a wild man;
          His hand shall be against every man,
          And every man’s hand against him.
          And he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren.”
    (Genesis 16:10-12)

"And as for Ishmael, I have heard you. Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly. He shall beget twelve princes, and I will make him a great nation."  (Genesis 17:20)

pray for me

joe

Thanks dude.
    PK
  • no probs, thank biblegateway  :)