EMERGENCY HELP on behalf of Rami Ayad

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
im really scared i received the following email from [glow=red,2,300][email protected][/glow]
Subject: EMERGENCY HELP
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 20:41:42 +0000
Hi

I am in a hurry writing this mail. I had a trip to Nigeria visiting the Tinapa opening ceremony. Unfortunately for me all my money got stolen at the hotel where i lodged from the attack of some armed robbers and since then i have been without any money i am even owing the hotel here,So i have only access to emails,my mobile phone can't work here so i didnt bring it along.

Please can you lend me $2,500 USD so i can return back and settle the hotel bills i would return it back to you as soon as i get home, I am so confused right now.You can have it sent through western union.

I have already spoken to the hotel manager, please let me hear from you so i can collect his full name and address where you can send the money tomorrow please or if possible today. I am waiting for your
reply.

Thank you.

Rami

i dont really know that person..he added me to msn a long while ago but i do not remember him. i replied to the email saying that i cant help as im young and i dont have a bank account so i cant help but actually the main reason is that i dont know them. if anybody knows this person or can help him please do. this is really creepy i dont like being put in situations like that i dont know..omg

when i replied he sent:
Thanks for your mail and your concerns,i am really happy to hear back from you,this place is getting more unbearable for me,please just help me organize anything so i can just settle part of the bill and i will pay you back immediately i get to the states

Anything anyhow will help at this time,the place is killing me.

I really rely on you.
im not even sure if this might be some kinda a joke.

Comments

• I note that this Email was sent from Nigeria.Hands off! There are countless Nigerian scam letters that have defrauded so many people world -wide. You might want to google about it and see for yourself.Anything Nigerian is hoax, as far as I am concerned. If you read the letter, it does not explain your relationship to the guy who assumed an Egyptian or Arab name. He is a sort of ordering you to send him money.  He does not tell where his home is, who he is etc etc..Do not even reply.

Hope this helps
  • i was thinking about ignoring but i am scared..it makes me feel guilty. does anyone actually know this person?
  • you do realise that any random person can just make up a letter and send it to you?... so you have an actual real sources of information, because right now, i can just make a letter like that and send it... my dad got official letters from loteries from diferent countries, then he visited that countries oficial loto website to find out that these letters were very well done and it is just a huge scam that asks for your information.... keep in mind that anybody can make up a letter like that... ???
  • Why did not he contact any of his family members or his father of confession?
    If you say you only add him a while ago and barely remember him then there is no need to feel guilty. Plus God is capable of helping anyone in any position. If it will make you feel safer, find the number for the hotel and call & check whether someone is there by that name or if the hotel has been attacked recently by some armed robbers.
    Please consult your family before you do any thing.
    GBU
    Plz pray for me
    In Christ
  • [quote author=mnc_hnn link=topic=6536.msg86500#msg86500 date=1209591119]
    i was thinking about ignoring but i am scared..it makes me feel guilty. does anyone actually know this person?

Do not be scared. You have not done anything wrong.However, if you really want to find out who this guy is, write and ask him to give you the name of the Hotel and phone number.Remember, his name could be assumed, so you can not expect anybody to know him.

Check this website to see some Nigerian scam:
    http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/blnigeria-g1.htm
  • How about ask for a passport number? and you may refer him to the Catholic Relief Services that are in the country.
  • Read further..Some other people got the same letter as you...NOw you can restore your peace..

Tony someone is using your e-mail address and sent me this message (below). I tried to e-mail you to tell you and this party answered my e-mail so I thought you might see it on here.

"Hi
    I am in a hurry writing this mail. I had a trip to Nigeria visiting the tinapa opening ceremony. Unfortunately for me all my money got stolen at the hotel where i lodged from the attack of some armed robbers and since then i have been without any money i am even owing the hotel here,So i have only access to emails,my mobile phone can't work here so i didnt bring it along.
    Please can you lend me $2,500 USD so i can return back and settle the hotel bills i would return it back to you as soon as i get home, I am so confused right now.You can have it sent through western union.
    I have already spoken to the hotel manager, please let me hear from you so i can collect his full name and address where you can send the money tomorrow please or if possible today. I am waiting for your reply.
    Thank you."

--------------------
    Make your need for playfulness and liberty stronger than your need for comfort and security. From the book "Even Cowgirls Get The Blues"

http://www.emigrant.ie/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=009253

Got this email today from the email address of someone I know. I also know that she is not in Nigeria and she writes a whole lot better than this.

In reply to:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello

I am in a hurry writing this,I had a trip to Nigeria on the visiting
    the (AFRICAN CULTURE) opening ceremony www.tinapa.com, Unfortunately for me all my money got stolen at the hotel where i lodged from the attack of some armed robbers and since then i have been without any money i am even owing the hotel here, so the hotel telephone service is disconnected,so i have only access to emails,my mobile phone can't work here so i didn't bring it along,I am facing a hard time here because i have no money on me. I am now owning a hotel bill of $750 and they wanted me to pay the bill soon else they will have to seize my bag and hand me over to the Hotel Management., I need this help from you urgently to help me back home, I need you to help me with the hotel bill and i will also need $500 to feed and help myself back home so please can you help me with sum of $1250 to sort out my problems here? I need this help so much and on time because i am in a terrible and tight situation here, I don't even have money to feed myself for a day which means i had been starving so please understand how urgent i needed your help.
    I will appreciate what so ever you can afford to send me for now and I
    promise to pay back your money as soon as i return home and I have already spoken to this man because he is the hotel manager that helps people to receive.Below are his
    information.

Name of receiver:Richard Kosoro
    Address of receiver: Lagos,Nigeria.
    Secret Question: What For
    Secret Answer: Hotel Bill

Please let me have the information below as soon as the money is sent.
    Name and address of sender:

Mtcn/Reference Number:
    I am looking forward to your positive response.
    Thank you.

http://www.macminute.com/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=lounge&Number=363981&page=19&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&part=

• Its probably a scam
    [quote author=coptic pharaoh link=topic=6536.msg86501#msg86501 date=1209591460]
    you do realise that any random person can just make up a letter and send it to you?... so you have an actual real sources of information, because right now, i can just make a letter like that and send it... my dad got official letters from loteries from diferent countries, then he visited that countries oficial loto website to find out that these letters were very well done and it is just a huge scam that asks for your information.... keep in mind that anybody can make up a letter like that... ???

THat same thing happened to my dad.Even people call to ask for money and ask for social security number or account number. THey say you won 1 million dollars i need your account number. Just ignore him
  • you know what...thank god i am not feeling guilty anymore...its just not fair those people come up with stupid ideas like that. thanks for your replies guys. take care
  • and the guy is not giving up..sending me phone numbers and stuff..what a loser
  • Put his e-mail on a block list.
  • Yeah that sounds like the best thing to do, that or just file it as spam and block him on your msn or email or whatever you were contacting him with before
  • [quote author=mnc_hnn link=topic=6536.msg86565#msg86565 date=1209674515]
    and the guy is not giving up..sending me phone numbers and stuff..what a loser

hahahahaha.... :P "what a loser" :P hahahahahahahaha
    it is realy non-sense. just delete his mails! he can get a job at the hotel to work for the money he owes and then work to get some money for himself! if he realy was in that situation.

people are just trying to get money we khalas!
  • [quote author=bentBABAyasooa` link=topic=6536.msg86596#msg86596 date=1209700947]
    [quote author=mnc_hnn link=topic=6536.msg86565#msg86565 date=1209674515]
    and the guy is not giving up..sending me phone numbers and stuff..what a loser

hahahahaha.... :P "what a loser" :P hahahahahahahaha
    it is realy non-sense. just delete his mails! he can get a job at the hotel to work for the money he owes and then work to get some money for himself! if he realy was in that situation.

people are just trying to get money we khalas!

ur hilarious lol....yeah i spammed his email lol
  • Hey guys. The scam artist, as contemptible as he might be in his unscrupulous methods, is probably a poor person trying to make money by trying to manipulate you with what he thinks would appeal to you. Maybe his situation is bad, and thus he feels forced to do this immoral thing. We all do that, justifying our sins as methods to get something good (such as financial security).

It think as Christians we should pray for these scam artists, and that they do get financial security so that they would not sin.

Because mate, you are young and do not have an account, you do not have this choice. But some of us here, we do have the choice. We have many saints who gave when questioned, even when they new the person was trying to take advantage of him. While it is not wrong to refuse, it is also a blessing to do so- with love, with prayers- asking God to open the person's eyes. I do not suggest you do that.

Remember, Christ said, if someone asks you for your coat, don't refuse him. The problem here is he is scamming many, and is going to get a lot of money- because many are gullible, or people take this Christian principle seriously- though oblivious to the fact that he is getting money already from many sources- and thus probably not needy.
  • OMG.... I just had a lady ask me if she can use my phone! i didn't ask her why couldn't you use the library's phone!
    :'(
    ya rab she won't stell it :( :'(

i should have said NOOOO go away!
  • she is using it cuz she doesn't know her phone #  ???
  • she doesnt know her phone? lol i know when people ask to borrow stuff like that and u don no them u feel like u shouldnt do it...i hope ur fone is safe now lol
  • my phone is safely back with me! :) thank god!
    I just felt werid though.  bas this kinda of ties in where god says I am thrity u didn't give me water, I was hungary u didn't give me food, I was cold you didn't give me anything to wear :(
  • yeah yeah..but sometimes we cant just trust people..there are alot of thieves and stuff..