Hmmm. What do you think?

Comments

• This ICC cult thing - it sounds like a Satanic pressgroup! I feel sorry that that person had to go through that, but lets pray she finds the true Orthodox fait hof the COC.
  • They do not have the Presence of God- and have thus turned with their carnal Minds the Divine Doctrines of Christ into a even more carnal religion.
  • I think it's a bit wierd. Like I don't really know what to think.. I mean they started out okay... and then it got wierd. I mean, they seem to have good intensions... but.. ah.  I think I may be a little confused.

Why would Christians like do things to make our churches look so unactractive when their so full of jewels? My friend was once complaining to me about Christian preachers that had 'attacked' her... I was kind of stunned by the comment... and the she said that they threatened that if she didn't listen to them she'd be sent to hell!

If someone said that to me, and even if i knew what I know now AND appreciated that they did it with good intenison... I would still make a run for it !

What do you know about this 'True Gospel'? is it a Denomination?

Also, do any of our churches go out and publically preach in the wider community?
  • Only the Lord Himself can Enlighten anyone- it is the work of the Holy Spirit that convicts us of sin, and brings us to profess the Name of Christ. Just because God has given to us the ability to share in His Ministry, should not make us Proud of that privilege, for the strength and all is given by Him- lest we boast.
  • huh?
    I got lost here : "Just because God has given to us the ability to share in His Ministry, should not make us Proud of that privilege, for the strength and all is given by Him- lest we boast. "

IF that's an answer to my question.. I lost ya!
  • I am just referring to how they trout around and say "unless *you* listen to *me*, you will go to hell." It is true that unless they believe the Gospel they will be under the law of sin and death- but people who adopt such a mentality- as this sect had- have made themselves Proud and have burgeoned this feeling that without their Ministry God cannot save others. This is hogwash- and these people should examine themselves before they try "recruiting" people into their fold- because it obviously is not the fold of the Spirit.
  • [quote author=Hizz_chiilld link=topic=6476.msg85563#msg85563 date=1207925293]

Also, do any of our churches go out and publically preach in the wider community?

no i don't think the Coptic Orthodox Church preaches outside of the Church....which is a real shame .... it would actually be nice if we did
  • We don't need to preach, we preach by our actions that can bring others to Christ
  • Yes we do jydeacon, but i do agree with coptic pharaoh also. I think it would be nice if we made you know more of an effort to go out and reach the wider community. Perhaps handing out pamphlets isn't the nicest way around it, but through other things...

For example, we could make more of an effort to perhaps invite people to our church services... and I don't mean our friends... eg. We have open days at my church often and we put up banners to encourage people in the neighborhood to come. We usually get a good turn up too. But I'm talking about like something deeper than that... Like we could maybe advertise for an introductory talk about our church for people who are interested..

What do you guys think?