Where is Gregorian Liturgy in Coptic?

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Hi all,
Can anyone please help me to a Gregorian liturgy in Coptic (wholly) other than the one of HICS on this website. Would be much appreciated; thanks in advance.
God bless you all and pray for us a lot

Comments

• [quote author=ophadece link=topic=6411.msg84693#msg84693 date=1206744528]
    Hi all,
    Can anyone please help me to a Gregorian liturgy in Coptic (wholly) other than the one of HICS on this website. Would be much appreciated; thanks in advance.

that's very rare. i would love to see so. but live one please....
  • Actually if you want the actual  Liturgy from beginning to end by a priest, then only HICS recorded that.

But on http://www.coptichymns.net/module-hymns-catview-pid-44.html there is a recording by Cantor Farag Ab el messih and other Cantors from HICS that sing the whole thing in Bits and Pieces.
  • Dear Zakhary,
    Thank you very much. That has been helpful, although I would like to have heard the whole of it by a priest and congregation replying in Coptic, but as minagir said that is nearly impossible to find nowadays, isn't it?
  • Ophadece,

You may try:

St. Mary Coptic Orthodox Church
    East Brunswick, NJ  08816
    USA

I believe in the recesses of my mind that the Very Rev. Hegumen Fr. Bishoy Demetrius had done one in the past.  I believe it was available on tape at the time.

Fr. Bishoy has an awesome voice!
  • Hmmmm.....

Try this: I'm not sure if any of these are Coptic only, but they might well be:

http://www.saint-mary.net/hymnology/divine_liturgies/st_gregory/
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=6411.msg84716#msg84716 date=1206783473]
    Dear Zakhary,
    Thank you very much. That has been helpful, although I would like to have heard the whole of it by a priest and congregation replying in Coptic, but as minagir said that is nearly impossible to find nowadays, isn't it?

Yeah, I wish there was a whole one.  Actually I wish that the recording of the HICS one was better, because Fr. Morcos Guirguis Shenouda (who said a big part of it) has an awsome voice but some parts are all high and squigly because of the old recording. 

Hey, Does any body Know why HICS did not record another one After?  I mean with Fr. Mettias Nasr or another priest, that would have been Awsome?
  • Dear ilovesaintmark, and josephgabriel,
    Very useful link thanks Joseph, and thanks ilovesaintmark for the idea in the first place.
    Dear zakhary,
    Yes, why wouldn't they have recorded another one? Or did they, and some sources hogged the tapes up for themselves and never spread them as to keep them to themselves? Yes, it happens, which I am not happy about it.
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=6411.msg84772#msg84772 date=1206909890]
    Dear ilovesaintmark, and josephgabriel,
    Very useful link thanks Joseph, and thanks ilovesaintmark for the idea in the first place.
    Dear zakhary,
    Yes, why wouldn't they have recorded another one? Or did they, and some sources hogged the tapes up for themselves and never spread them as to keep them to themselves? Yes, it happens, which I am not happy about it.

your best source right now would be Wagdi Bishara. But his recordings are not online yet. so i guess let's just wait.
  • I am waiting minagir, and I hope Wagdi Bishara's hymns are up online soon.
    God bless you and pray for us a lot
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=6411.msg84797#msg84797 date=1206960045]
    I am waiting minagir, and I hope Wagdi Bishara's hymns are up online soon.

well we all are. it's all him. he's working on it to be FULL and right.
  • OK Mina; God be with us all :)
  • i think i found one on another forum....  http://www.alhan-youthbishopric.com/Downloads/Video/Liturgies/GregoryCoptic-PreistChorus-Baramos2007.wmv it will automatically download as u click the url... let it download... it will take a while cause it is like 2 hours.. and i think its Gregorian.. not too sure.. but from wat i heard ... it is all /mostly in Coptic.....  and it is Amazing...

7 priests... all at the same time... wonderful
  • Dear Coptic Pharaoh,
    Yes, that is a very wonderful recording. Thanks a lot man.
  • Wel.. i didn't find it, i got it of another forum.... ...but it was my pleausre to give u the link.....
  • Is Muallim Zaher assisting the priests in saying Enthok Ghar?
    Looks like one of the priests was motioning for Muallim Zaher to come up and say with them and then motioned for him to say along.
  • [quote [email protected] link=topic=6411.msg149979#msg149979 date=1325797848]
    Is Muallim Zaher assisting the priests in saying Enthok Ghar?
    Looks like one of the priests was motioning for Muallim Zaher to come up and say with them and then motioned for him to say along.

Hello pbishop, I am just making  this post to warn you that setting your email as your username is not a wise idea unless you like a lot of spam mail. This website isn't just viewed by Christian people but by anybody on the globe who decides to connect to the site.
  • Here is the complete Gregorian Liturgy for the Annunciation, prayed in the Old Cathedral :

http://www.mediafire.com/?n382uwwl3gcfdj5,81f8hc4081j1o0h,7pl2b4faod24i2a,dabjz0teav22c1r,c32j2j8lwg4ksvj,c25quqec1va70u4,upc2b89oci77ko1,2h1zcc1fmcuqcl5

It's such a BEAUTIFUL liturgy!! Everyone just takes their time praying.

Enjoy  ;)

P.s. I love Abouna Philopateer's voice!