Hymns for play

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Hello everyone,

One of the leaders of my church told me that there was going to be a play coming up soon and he told me that this play is going to be like a musical. The role of the music is to reflect on the kind of mood the people are feeling in the play. So he told me the play will be about a mother of 3 children and how her life was ended by someone who killed her in a car accident. Basically, there will be a scene where the person who killed her will feel great regret for what she had done and im looking for a hymn/song that is mournful and also is relevant to her situation-i didnt want to pick just any random mournful hymn/song. I also need an idea of another sad hymn/song when the story shifts to her children who are in distress and complete sadness, like they are all alone. Any ideas for a good hymn/song?? I also need two happy hymns/songs because both the family and the person who killed her realize that she had gone to a better place, so i need 2 happy songs/hymns. The trick is picking something that is relevant to the play and its moments....I would really appreciate your guys' help!!! Hopefully the post made sense...hehe

GB
Tony

Comments