Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin?

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
I've been wondering what this verse means for a while now? anybody have any suggestions?

Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father’s will. Matthew 10:29

Here is the same verse in context Matthew10:27-31:
Matthew10:27-31 said:

“Whatever I tell you in the dark, speak in the light; and what you hear in the ear, preach on the housetops. 28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. 29 Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father’s will. 30 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows. Matthew 10:27-31

Comments

• This passage speaks shows us Gods love for us humans, his will, and his foreknowledge.
    The two sparrows are used to show how God values his creation, meaning even the two sparrows who only cost a copper coin (not that much money) are still cared for by God. 
    the verse : Do not fear therefore, you are of more value that many sparrows, is pretty much clear, in other words it says:
    "Imagine how much more God cares for us, than he does for the sparrows whom he doesnt abandon and puts in his will"

hopefully someon can add or reiterate
  • Dear billious,

The copper coin is the lowest of value of all the currency at that time; it is like the Cent which is a one 100th of a dollar, nothing currently present with much lower value. The meaning of the verse is that one sparrow was bought by a copper coin and the second one was fgiven ree, with no value. If the Lord the Almighty can take care of those worthless sparrows, how much more can He take care of you and me who were created in His image and redeemed with His priceless Blood !!!