NEWBIE!!

edited January 2008 in Introductions
hi every1

i have been using this site for a couple yrs but recently discovered its forums section..it is great!!..

i have been addicted on this site ever since i saw the forums...each forum is veery beneficial..and helpful..i LOVE it!!... i have been learning soo much..i look forward to be a part of this site..

i want to say thank u to all the participants that r kind enough to share their amazing and overflowing knowledge with others..it is very beneficial

and a little intro about myself since this post is under the category of "introductions"..well...i am 16..in college..i love going to church...in my free time i love to research and learn alot about God..i like spiritual things like hymns and stuff.... i hate (worldly) music...and....that is all i shall say for now..

hope to hear bak from u soon.
-sister in christ

Comments

• Dear perfectsinner,

Welcome to the forums, and we look forward to hearing more from you. There is nothing better to which you can devote your free time than to your encounter with God through the Risen Christ.

One of the many benefits of Orthodoxy is that there is so much to read and so much history from which one can learn; to know that you are part of the Church which Our Lord Himself founded is - in the proper sense of that over-used word - awesome.

We are blessed to have you here,  :)

In Christ,

Anglian
  • hi anglian

i agree with u..with God u can never learn enough..there is always something else...the orthodox church is soo rich whether if it is the sayings of the fathers...the stories of saints...just the Bible alone..there is soo much..i love it all!!

anglian sorry..but just a side question...is that a picture of God the father?

thanx for the warm welcome
    -sister in Christ
  • welcome, i'm sure you will benefit from these forums as much as all of us do and am looking foward to your input in some of the discussions
  • [quote author=perfectsinner link=topic=5958.msg79610#msg79610 date=1195898285]
    and a little intro about myself since this post is under the category of "introductions"..well...i am 16..in college..i love going to church...in my free time i love to research and learn alot about God..i like spiritual things like hymns and stuff.... i hate (worldly) music...and....that is all i shall say for now..

Woah,  :o
    16 yrs old and in college. what college do u go 2.

In Christ,
    abosefien

P.S.  Welcome to the site :) ;)

• hi abosefien

i cant go to anything either than a junior college b/c i am too young
    so i go to cerritos college...it is near los angeles if u r in california and u know the area

if u r in california..what church do u go to?

hope to hear bak from every1

thanx

-sister in Christ
  • hello, welcome perfectsinner, what is your name, i may ask? I'm nansy, most people assume that i am a boy from all the topics and posts i have written, but the truth is i'm a girl :) i'm very glad that you are very enthusastic to post and reply to the forums, nice to meet you, and i hope you will become another one of the ancient posters! :) May God be with you always and forever!!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • i'm so sorry, if you didn't want to answer, it's fine, but that's such a pretty name, my friends from california..sorry that's pretty random, but hope you have a good time here!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • [quote author=perfectsinner link=topic=5958.msg79628#msg79628 date=1195945591]

anglian sorry..but just a side question...is that a picture of God the father?

thanx for the warm welcome
    -sister in Christ

Dear Sister in Christ,

The icon is one of St. Isaac of Syria. As we cannot see God except through the Son, it is not in our tradition to have icons of God the Father.

In Christ,

Anglian
  • hi anglian

yes i know that is true..about we can not depict God the father..but i was asking for that reason..i thought maybe u were greek orthodox..b/c they depict God the father..sorry it was curiosity..but i have never seen that icon b4..it is nice

and nancy..thanx..dont worry about it..dont appologize it is not a big deal it is just a name...i dont mind..

thanx every1
    pls pray for me
    -sister in Christ
  • [quote author=perfectsinner link=topic=5958.msg79633#msg79633 date=1195946529]
    hi abosefien
    if u r in california..what church do u go to?

Hey perfectsinner,

I was just asking out of curiousity. I don't live in California, I live in Tennessee, I go to St. Mina C.O.C in Nashville.
    Again Welcome to the Forums and Nice to meet you.

In Christ,
    abosefien
  • Dear perfectsinner,
    Welcome to the forum. I am with Anglian looking forward to you posting loads and loads; won't be long until you become a hero member as well :)
    God bless you and pray for us a lot
  • THANK YOU!!

remember me in ur prayers pls too..i need as much as i can get my hands on...(i have alot of decisions i need to be making....especially for school..)...thanx every1
  • Welcome i am sure u will like it here!!!
  • thanx..i already love it!!