Ictermagi

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Dear all,
Where can I find the text for the hymn "ictermagi", and what is wrong with the text? I read through Coptichymns.net that this hymn is not very legitimate (or that was only what I could understand). Would someone please explain to me?
God bless you all and pray for us a lot

Comments

• [quote author=ophadece link=topic=5809.msg77869#msg77869 date=1191424492]
    Dear all,
    Where can I find the text for the hymn "ictermagi", and what is wrong with the text? I read through Coptichymns.net that this hymn is not very legitimate (or that was only what I could understand). Would someone please explain to me?

this is what i wrote before:

This hymn is taking from the Maharq Monestary and was recorded by the monks of the monestary and cantor Tawfik. But this hymn have no transletion of whatsoever because it have coptic Sehidic and Boheriec and mispelled Greek in it. For that fact it was never transleted. Also for that, some priests choose for the hymn not to be chanted since we don't know the meaning of it. But it is posted on this library for refrence and as a source of the tune which can be put on another hymn.
  • Dear all,
    So what about those who form the group Remenkimi. I am not sure if one or some of them are members of tasbeha.org, but as I used to exchange e-mails with that group long ago, I am aware that they came up with a Coptic dictionary and many members of them speak Coptic fluently enough that I think they can easily distinguish Sa'idic from Bohairic, and with the help of the dictionary, they can translate the hymn. What does every one think about this?
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=5809.msg77874#msg77874 date=1191432429]
    Dear all,
    So what about those who form the group Remenkimi. I am not sure if one or some of them are members of tasbeha.org, but as I used to exchange e-mails with that group long ago, I am aware that they came up with a Coptic dictionary and many members of them speak Coptic fluently enough that I think they can easily distinguish Sa'idic from Bohairic, and with the help of the dictionary, they can translate the hymn. What does every one think about this?

well as it says on ch.net, Remnkemi translated part of it. but he still said that there are many mistakes.