Psalm 150 (Longer Version)

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Dear all,
I heard the chorus in my church sing psalm 150 in a rather longer tune than HICS. I am looking for that hymn. Anyone has an idea where I can find it: please help.
God bless you all and mention me in your prayers

Comments

• [quote author=ophadece link=topic=5454.msg72628#msg72628 date=1182091209]
    Dear all,
    I heard the chorus in my church sing psalm 150 in a rather longer tune than HICS. I am looking for that hymn. Anyone has an idea where I can find it: please help.

if this in annual days....than it's the longer ending which is '[coptic]Piwou va pennou] pe.[/coptic]'
    which u can find here:

Psalm 150 Coptic - Zoxa Patri by Ibrahim Ayad

if it's not annual....but rather festive, it might be the mediam or the long version of the beginning of the psalm.
  • Mina is right. The only long (uncommon) part of psalm 150 (annual) could be said as pi oofa pennoty pe the long way. Otherwise if it is festive like for resurrection, pentecost, or lent. There are others but those are the most uncommon ones.

Tony
  • [quote author=Amoussa01 link=topic=5454.msg72656#msg72656 date=1182119586]
    The only long (uncommon) part of psalm 150 (annual) could be said as pi oofa pennoty pe the long way.

why uncommon....we can say it every 2, 3 weeks or so. it's a nice lhn....to hear.
  • Actually it might only be uncommon in the United States or places outside of Egypt. In egypt it is regular practice to say the long Pi ouou fa at the end of the anual Psalm 150.
  • [quote author=jydeacon link=topic=5454.msg72661#msg72661 date=1182121263]
    Actually it might only be uncommon in the United States or places outside of Egypt. In egypt it is regular practice to say the long Pi ouou fa at the end of the anual Psalm 150.

hmmmmm.....i live in jersey city, NJ, USA!!!!
  • IT is VERYYYYYYY UNCOMMON HERE!!!! I never heard anyone say it before in my life until recently! But you are right, it is a beautiful hymn. I am trying to convince some of the deacons to say it lately.

Tony
  • [quote author=Amoussa01 link=topic=5454.msg72663#msg72663 date=1182135680]
    IT is VERYYYYYYY UNCOMMON HERE!!!! I never heard anyone say it before in my life until recently! But you are right, it is a beautiful hymn. I am trying to convince some of the deacons to say it lately.

the thing is that it's hard to say in a a group.
  • Dear all,
    Maybe I put myself across a bit wrongly (what's new?!!). Yes, it is annual, and it is very similar to the regular annual tune, but the deaons in my church (St Mark, London) sing it with a couple extra melismata (hazzat), comparing them to HICS. I am not sure where I can find it, and I don't think they really made it up. They know hymns very well I must say. Yes, I am also aware of the long biwou pha bennouty be which Ibrahim Ayad recorded. That is not what I mean. It is every verse in a rather longer (more melismata) version. Would you be able to help me?
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=5454.msg72676#msg72676 date=1182160502]
    Dear all,
    Maybe I put myself across a bit wrongly (what's new?!!). Yes, it is annual, and it is very similar to the regular annual tune, but the deaons in my church (St Mark, London) sing it with a couple extra melismata (hazzat), comparing them to HICS. I am not sure where I can find it, and I don't think they really made it up. They know hymns very well I must say. Yes, I am also aware of the long biwou pha bennouty be which Ibrahim Ayad recorded. That is not what I mean. It is every verse in a rather longer (more melismata) version. Would you be able to help me?

please...provide us with an audio fill atleast on part of the psalm. this gotta be interesting. :D
  • Dear minagir,
    If I'd have got the audio, I wouldn't have asked you to help me with my search.
    God bless you and mention me in your prayers
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=5454.msg72728#msg72728 date=1182184691]
    Dear minagir,
    If I'd have got the audio, I wouldn't have asked you to help me with my search.

well maybe ask some of those deacons to tell you what was it.......and than tell us.. ;)
  • Dear all,
    Hos Erof kindly PMed me with the answer to my question. Deacons in my church basically sing it the way Ibrahim Ayad does (I downloaded the hymn here on tasbeha), which now I understand you just sing it very slowly.
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=5454.msg72735#msg72735 date=1182186984]
    Dear all,
    Hos Erof kindly PMed me with the answer to my question. Deacons in my church basically sing it the way Ibrahim Ayad does (I downloaded the hymn here on tasbeha), which now I understand you just sing it very slowly.

lol....so funny......i just thought of that and i was about to post it. becasue that's the way we say the psalm in my church.