Procession from Ascension to Pentecost

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Dear all,
I have got two questions:
First, why did the Holy Synod agree on the procession from Ascension to Pentecost to be three rounds inside the altar (and how was it like before that agreement?)
Second, is there a procession or not in the Pentecost Liturgy Mass? I assume the answer should be yes, as "Khristos Analemepsis" ought to be said (in my church they didn't) during the Pentecost Mass.
God bless you all and mention me in your prayers

Comments

• [quote author=ophadece link=topic=5372.msg71527#msg71527 date=1180433434]
    Dear all,
    I have got two questions:
    First, why did the Holy Synod agree on the procession from Ascension to Pentecost to be three rounds inside the altar (and how was it like before that agreement?)

becasue if you ought to live with Jesus through lent and the holy fifties, u'll find that Jesus ascended to heaven on the feast. so now he's not on earth with the apostles. in our coptic church, the altar is heaven, and the rest of tha church is basiclly the earth. so you do only 3 procession in heaven only....becasue he is only in heaven now and the rest of the apsotles are on earth waiting for the Paraclete.
    i before this it was a normal procession, 3 in the altar, 3 outside, 1 in the altar. which is really not a big deal if you do this. it's more simplic than it is dogmatichly wrong.

Second, is there a procession or not in the Pentecost Liturgy Mass? I assume the answer should be yes, as "Khristos Analemepsis" ought to be said (in my church they didn't) during the Pentecost Mass.

the procession of the Pentecost is done in Matins. after efnouti nai nan, kerie leison 3 times, than u say ya kol al-sofof, ekhrestos anisti, ekhrestos analim-epsis, Pikhrestos aftonf (with the extra part).

if your chruch deacons didn't say ekhrestos analim-epsis....than what they said...
  • Dear minagir,
    Thank you very much for clarifying this to me. If you know me better, you will find me a very lazy deacon. I didn't attend Matins on the Pentecost Day, so I assume they probably did the procession and sang Khristos Analempsis. Your explanation for the procession is spot on. Thanks so much.
    God bless you and mention me in your prayers