Niromi & enthoten ze

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
I am just curious if any of you say this hymn in your churches or not.....well, do you?

GB
tony

Comments

• anyone ??? ???
  • im not sure if i know exactly wat you are talking about
    maybe if you have the audio i can recognize the song
    thanx
    GB
  • [coptic]Nirwmi ettalyout[/coptic]

[coptic]`N;wten de [/coptic]

these are the two hymns. they are hymns for the apostles fast. they can be said during communion. these are not rare hymns or anything they are just not known by much even thoo all cantors recorded them. actually i know cantor Gad Lowis have lessons for the hymns here on tasbeha.org.

[quote author=Amoussa01 link=topic=5364.msg71439#msg71439 date=1180137186]
    I am just curious if any of you say this hymn in your churches or not.....well, do you?

well aren't they are hymns. am sure some muallem or deacon say it some where.
    anyways i know about 3, 4 ppl in my church who knows it. and they actualy said enthoten ze once. it's just hard in my church since i mostly pray in the egnlish liturgy and we would need to say the english things more than the coptic and slow hymns. that's during communion. u always have to consider the other who don't know coptic. actually also we do the 1st short part and than the third which if i remeber the hymn correctly have a more populer tune to them.
  • I was informed that these hymns were said during the readings. Niromi and enthoten ze are chanted BEFORE the synaxar.

GB
    Tony
  • [quote author=Amoussa01 link=topic=5364.msg71451#msg71451 date=1180201638]
    I was informed that these hymns were said during the readings. Niromi and enthoten ze are chanted BEFORE the synaxar.

well i think you can since all specific hymns for saints are said after the senexar or in communion. but the books don't list any specific time for the hymns to be said.
  • wow, i strongly recommend someone to learn enthoten ze by muallem gad on this site....its AMAZING ;D
  • [quote author=Amoussa01 link=topic=5364.msg71655#msg71655 date=1180631056]
    wow, i strongly recommend someone to learn enthoten ze by muallem gad on this site....its AMAZING ;D

am about to. but i'll learn it for next year thoo ;D ;D.
  • ya it's an amazing hymn, enthoten, but you also forget it a amazingly fast, especially when you never ever chant it. I guess the solution is to skip the second part, because that is way too long to be chanted during a regular liturgy. I just wonder how u'd have to switch from "[coptic]eneh[/coptic]" to "[coptic]amwini[/coptic]".
    Perhaps during communion everything can be chanted.
  • [quote author=Hos Erof link=topic=5364.msg71662#msg71662 date=1180632941]
    ya it's an amazing hymn, enthoten, but you also forget it a amazingly fast, especially when you never ever chant it. I guess the solution is to skip the second part, because that is way too long to be chanted during a regular liturgy. I just wonder how u'd have to switch from "[coptic]eneh[/coptic]" to "[coptic]amwini[/coptic]".
    Perhaps during communion everything can be chanted.

that's what we do actually. dafinitly communion is the best time to say this.
  • WHAT?! your skipping the best part of the entire hymn!?? :o why not just skip the repeat of higen and then go straight from tametoro to amoini?? I think thats what we will do actually, hehe