An interesting question

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
I don't think i ever heard that question before, and a friend of mine and i were talking and wondered about this
Why did God forbid pre-martial sex? we know there must be a very good reason behind it well we came to STD (sexual transmitted diseases) as one reason but we think there are more that we are blind from right now

Comments

• Now the body is not for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body.
    1 Corinthians 6:13

Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I make them members of a harlot? Certainly not! Or do you not know that he who is joined to a harlot is one body with her? For "the two," He says, "shall become one flesh." 1 Corinthians 6:15-16

"Drink waters out of thine own cistern, and running waters out of thine own well. 16 Let thy fountains be dispersed abroad, and rivers of waters in the streets. 17 Let them be only thine own, and not strangers' with thee. 18 Let thy fountain be blessed: and rejoice with the wife of thy youth. 19 Let her be as the loving hind and pleasant roe; let her breasts satisfy thee at all times; and be thou ravished always with her love. 20 And why wilt thou, my son, be ravished with a strange woman, and embrace the bosom of a stranger? 21 For the ways of man are before the eyes of the LORD, and he pondereth all his goings. 22" (Proverbs 5:15-22)

"Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites"
    1 Corinthians 6:9

If we as Christians believe in God, then we must follow Him and His commandments. "Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body, but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body" 1 Corinthians 6:18, because our body is the temple of God, and His Holy Spirit dwells in us, by commiting adultery/pre-marital-sex we are sinning against our own body and defiling it. Pre-marital sex is done out of lust for someone and not out of love, and marriage should be base on true love between two people. Marriage is sanctified by Christ, and is blessed by Him, while pre-marital sex is a sin.
  • ok we are talking here in the New Testament and after Christ but pre-martial sex was forbind since moses!!!
  • there is no difference ..yes it was forbidden since the old testament see:

"Thou shalt not commit adultery" Exodus 20:14
    "Neither shalt thou commit adultery" [b]Deut. 5:16
    (Proverbs 5:15-22)[/b]
  • i guess ???
    still kinda lost though :-\
    hey Lostegprincess i think i wll call myself now lostwasim
  • well im not the LostEgyPrincess...thats another princess/person...but i guess we r all lost sheep too ;)...
    sorry for the bad explanation...i tried :)
  • na it just i know all what you said but i think there are more to it thought
    and don't worry i know you are not lostegyprincess and that you are a different princess ;)
  • When ur not married, there's probably not much commitment, so u gonna have sex with this person, and probably break up after a while. Eventually u mite get married, and u'll have sex with ur wife, but she'll just be another one u slept with so u mite get bored here, i mean u had plenty other woman in your life, and that could lead to divorce. And besides, how are u going to deal with the verse:

24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. (genesis 2)

One flesh, so how r u gonna be one flesh with more than one person ::) doesn't make much sense

and dont start saying u will stick to this person and stay with him/her all ur life, becaus it just doesn't happen, u see it around you all the time..
  • i have just a bit of a follow up question, generally related to this topic....

What if a person was to get involved in a relationship, with someone who had already lost their virginity. I personally dont see a problem with it, if the two people have decided that the past was a mistake and that there would be no such relations between the couple during the durration of the relationship. until wedding vows have been exchanged (of course)... what are your thoughts?
  • I dont think i would go for it ::)
    i mean, sex is a holy thing which unites two people, after marriage they become one flesh, so i think it would be difficult to be with a person, that already was with another one, u see where i'm going... :-\
  • hi all
    sorry to interupt... :(
    i jus wanna say there are sum young ppl like me ;D that are too young to know this stuff...
    im mature and im taught many stuff that is similar, etc....so its ok for me,
    but it isnt good because ppl like me can just look at the tread and sin by thinking of something worldly and evil.
    plz give us a sign or sumfim to show us wat the thread its about bcoz i dont like reading this stuff, but u guys can keep goin coz its none of my biz.
    i also think that its not good to talk about on a forum to a whole group of ppl....its cool, i noe its just a question..

Plz forgive me if im wrong. :P
    GBU all ;D ;)

BTW mmatt ur onli 17 ::)
    ok soz...didnt mean to embares u like that ;) ;)
  • i feel that if there was a question that would help the youth understand why things like this are wrong its all kool...
    then again it may be an idea to say somthin in the topic...
    thnx
  • sorry aripsalin
    i feel that be able to discuss topics like this is what makes our website sooo unique, and open...
    if discussing this helps others to understand why pre-martial sex is against God and his word, then i feel it should be discussed
  • aripsalin don't feel shy talking about that stuff IF you want to learn something out of it
    there is a difference between talking about the stuff we are talking about just to amuse ourselves and to learn something or try to help a brother or sister out
    i hope the difference is clear here ;D
    and by the way 14 is not too young to know that stuff because i am sure you have friends who might be having those questions going through thier minds or maybe you had that questions going through your mind.
    Once we become teenagers (from the age of 12) we just want to know everything then question everything we know which is a lot of fun trust me ;D
  • [quote author=ArIpSaLiN link=board=1;threadid=530;start=0#msg8773 date=1092559901]
    hi all
    sorry to interupt... :(
    i jus wanna say there are sum young ppl like me ;D that are too young to know this stuff...
    im mature and im taught many stuff that is similar, etc....so its ok for me,
    but it isnt good because ppl like me can just look at the tread and sin by thinking of something worldly and evil.
    plz give us a sign or sumfim to show us wat the thread its about bcoz i dont like reading this stuff, but u guys can keep goin coz its none of my biz.
    i also think that its not good to talk about on a forum to a whole group of ppl....its cool, i noe its just a question..

Plz forgive me if im wrong. :P
    GBU all ;D ;)

Just in regards to your post, yes i agree that maybe the title of this discussion is a bit confusing and should be more "to the point." but in regards to the content of the posts, if youre not learning it from christians then most likely your gonna be hearing about this from your friends at school... which is better? and although some people posting are younger, it doesnt mean that their advice is pointless or worthless. i mean i completely agree with some of the things said by 15 year olds! some people are wise beyond their years, and if they're wrong someone will call them out! so yea some maynot have life experiences but that isnt everything, perspective are useful 2!

ASM
  • [quote author=ArIpSaLiN link=board=1;threadid=530;start=0#msg8773 date=1092559901]

it aint no secret i'm 17 lol ;), and whats problem with talkin about that stuff ??? i mean, u have any id how many questions there are about this and how many mistakes could be prevented by clearing out things, just my thoughts :)
  • hi all
    wow it feels like everyones against me, but im jus sayin make the topic a lil more clear...im different than everyone dont pick on me ;D
    sorry that im too aggressive but this thread can make ppl sin by thinking of something wrong and evil and just hav bad thoughts,,u get wat i mean?
    sorry everyone but its just i think different than all of u...
    hehehe matt, its all good bro.

• its ok we are not against you i guess we have just see one point of view?
    what do you want us to clear up let me know and i will try to
  • thanku Wasim
    to make my point clear...
    havnt u ever had a bad thought b4...it coms wen somone brings up the topic...another person would fall for it and think of bad stuff in their head.
    im jus tryna avoid it coz a bad thought is a sin.
    if something bad coms to my head that will cause alot of thinking and negativity jus turn and think of somfin positive.
    but from seeing something on the net makes u wanna get involved in all the talkin n all....i think this isue should b dicussed with ur FOC or jus sumone close to u that has good advice...or mayb read a spiritual book....not a good id for a forum.
    that is just MY opinion so u dont hav to do wat i say but, as i sed its none of my biz....u can keep goin.
    Plz 4giv me
    ThAnX ;) :P
  • Peace,

It was a little more than STD's when God commanded against pre-marital sex.

God wanted sex to be experienced between two people, committed to each other for life, and not committed to feelings or physical attraction. God knew that sex can be reduced down to a pure 'mating' ritual by people who would abuse it. He also knows that the sexual drive is a powerful drive that can be mixed with feelings, and then it becomes really dangerous and addictive. He also knows that sex outside a context, where Christ is in the middle and the Holy Spirit binds, has no holiness or meaning. It's just a physical act.

God also needed to lay down such a commandment early on in the Bible to start building the church of the Old Testament - the people Israel. He needed to have stable relationships, based on unity and harmony, for these ideals and relationships to be carried over into the New Testament Church.

God wants sex to be between two people, and he wants that to be an expression of their physical communion. He wants them to use their mind by thinking and being mindful of eachother, so not to use sex as blackmail or pressure tactic. He wants them to use their heart so that there is a whole crown of intimacy around sex, so it's not just about intercourse but rather about two people being together. He wants them to use their feelings when they're around and to hold on to love when the feelings aren't so strong.

Above all, God didn't want to see the pain, hurt, and disorder created by sex experienced outside harmony. Look around now and see how many broken homes, broken people there are. Kids who are abandoned or neglected often grow up, wallowing in sexual relationships to solve their emotional problems or find love. Sex becomes a replacement, an addiction, and the end itself. If the sex life between two people isn't good, they break up.

People often say,"How can you have a good relationship if you're not physical 'compatible'?" As if we're putting together a piece of software. The real answer to that question that you can because one day our bodies will slow down, sag, and not be as perfect as they once were. Then, people just want to be close to someone and have some kind of intimacy. So, physical intimacy is just one level of total communion between people.

My thoughts. Hope this clears up and/or answers the original question.

Peace,

Mina.