Hope?

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
It's one thing to pray for someone.. and another to actually believe that they'll actually change...
How does one overcome this spiritual obstacle?

Comments

• [coptic]+ Pi`<rictoc aftonf>[/coptic]

In a word: Time.  It is a part of our spiritual growth.  The first step it to start actually praying.  As we grow spiritually, our prayers take on a greater depth (instead of just vain repetition) and we begin to trust and know the efficacy of prayer.  That is the problem you are facing.  You pray, but you are not sure your prayers have any effect.  With time, and as you relationship with God deepens, you will know that your prayers are having an effect, and you will know that, even the results are not immediate, they will happen in God's perfect time.
  • [quote author=Κηφᾶς link=topic=5214.msg69840#msg69840 date=1176735472]
    [coptic]+ Pi`<rictoc aftonf>[/coptic]

In a word: Time.  It is a part of our spiritual growth.  The first step it to start actually praying.  As we grow spiritually, our prayers take on a greater depth (instead of just vain repetition) and we begin to trust and know the efficacy of prayer.  That is the problem you are facing.  You pray, but you are not sure your prayers have any effect.  With time, and as you relationship with God deepens, you will know that your prayers are having an effect, and you will know that, even the results are not immediate, they will happen in God's perfect time.

I have no dought in the Power of Prayer.. I know that it's possible.. I just have my doughts on it actually happening.. does that make sence?
  • [coptic]+ Pi`<rictoc aftonf>[/coptic]

Well, if you don't doubt the power of prayer, then you shouldn't doubt that your prayers will be answered and that the person will change (assuming you are praying for the improvement of the person).  If you doubt that something will happen, then you doubt that your prayers are effective.  They go hand in hand with one another.  Remember what St. John says: "This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us." (1 John 5:14).  The key here is that it is 'according to His will'.  Once again though, we have to be patient for God to act, because His time is perfect, and we will see the change in our friend so long as we maintain our prayers on their behalf.
  • That's deffinitly one of those things.. EASIER SAID THAN DONE.

I'll try my best...
    Thanks heaps Κηφᾶς.
    +God Bless.
  • For help you can read the book of James.. its  the shortest book in the bible.. it tells things similair about what you are asking.
  • Thank you 'He Wept'. IIJohn is the shortest book in the Bible though..