question about the aol thread

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Hello david why did you lock you aim thread ???

Comments

• The only thing I've heard about that is Anba Surial said to us that he doesn't like it when boys and girls chat on the internet unsupervised, its like the dating issue. Its okay here on the board because its in an open forum but when its done with no one watching it can lead to something bad happening.

God bless,

CS
  • Hmm, that makes me stop and think (a scary thought, I know...lmao)
    Well, even if it is a boy and girl conversation, what could go wrong? Wrong question, I know what can go wrong, I mean that they're not in person, so they can't really do anything....

sleepy
  • Its still problematic because we don't guage the issue by sins done in person...

There are problems with sending pictures and the devil can still tempt people who are a distance a part and we might do something sinful because our guard is down.

I also have a story about how I was once in a chatroom and a girl was there and she asked, want to cyber?

I said whats cyber and she kept insisting so I said okay...

The she said what are you wearing and I'm like what? Jeans and a t-shirt.

The shes like I'm taking off my <CS exits the room>

:-\ :-X :-[ :( :o

CS
  • No, I'm not including chat rooms, I hate them unless it was organized by either myself or my friend....but for example, these people on this site, There are boys and girls, and I don't see how talking to eachother could be wrong. We believe in the same things, etc, etc.

sleepy
  • wooo I broke 200 posts, each one more mind numbing than the last... :D

CS
  • lol :D
    Keep it up

sleepy
  • The problem is like with dating that your with a person of the opposite sex unsupervised and it can be an issue if you know this person locally because you will meet them face to face. Its just not recommended.
  • Alright, there you have a point, but on the internet, even if you are unsupervised, what can happen if these people know you, and know your beliefs and such?

sleepy
  • CS even if you know the person locally it is as if you are talking to that person on the phone ever thought of it that way!!
  • Yeah but a lot of people would argue the same thing, no talking on the phone either when unsupervised. Believe it or not Anba Surial was raised that way and he was not allowed to go to the shops with friends until he entered uni and he was not allowed to get a car until after he graduated...

He lived it and teaches it.

CS
  • what i mean cs is this depending on what is the goal of you talking to that person either on any instant messenger or on the phone decideds a lot and also depends on who you are talking to and how good you know that person
  • [quote author=sleepymusician link=board=1;threadid=489;start=0#msg7930 date=1090948295]
    Alright, there you have a point, but on the internet, even if you are unsupervised, what can happen if these people know you, and know your beliefs and such?

sleepy

I still believe that if both know eachother's limit then it's ok.

sleepy
  • I'm not gonna say much more here... :)

I hope that God works in us all to teach us our weakness.

God bless,

CS
  • AMEN :D

sleepy