listening to music

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
hey guys,
i was confused about this because i always thought music was okay but my father of confession told me that i should stop listening to it. ???i was wondering what you guys thought about this and why you think that way.

God Bless,
Mariam

Comments

• u no mariam i think it is okay to listen to music as long as u no that if u find out it is bad u turn it off

god bless,
    david
  • When your FOC said this to you, was there something behind it? Was there something that led up to it in your conversation?

sleepy
  • You should always obey your father in confession because a command in confession is very powerful and binding and much more so that something your asked to do something somewhere else becaue it is a specific spiritual reform that you have been asked to do by your father who was guided by God to say it.

God bless,

CS
  • Yes, you're absolutely right, but I've heard differently from my FOC, so I was wondering if something led to that perhaps something wrong happened before and her FOC was telling her that listening to music was wrong.

sleepy
  • Its a hard one because you will get different fathers who give different advice because they have different ideas about what we should do so its always a good idea not to compare. However I think Marian was not given a blanket ban on all music? Most commerical music is bad but there is good music out there is you look carefully. I love hispanic guitar music but I'm not sure about how everyone would feel listening to that stuff...

God bless,

CS
  • I go with whatever sounds nice, and promotes good ideas. Those that "sound nice" but have dirty words, I hate. For example, that song on the radio, I think it's called "Turn me on" I forgot the singer's name, but from the first time I heard it, I hated it. I even tell people who are singing it around me to either please stop or let me know if you're going to continue so that I can move away. The general idea that I'm trying to say is that, if you can keep it balanced with the church teachings, go for it.

sleepy