Right or wrong?

edited July 2004 in Faith Issues
Hi guys. I was just wondering: How do you know that what you're doing is right and if God is satisfied with you or not?? Hearing about all those people who have had miracles happen to them make me feel so small sometimes because it's like God's showing them that he's with them with those many miracles and I'm just this small thing :-\ Just wanted to get some opinions. God Bless.

Comments

• Many times, miracles happen because God wants to show these ppl that he's still there cuz maybe they've lost faith in him or are going through a tough time, but that shouldnt make you feel small, God loves you too :) As for knowing if what you're doing is right or wrong, I think the best way is praying, cuz if you pray, I'm sure God will help you turn the wrong things into right things, and I believe that God is "satisfied" with ppl as long as they try their best, cuz he knows that we are weak humans. I hope that this helped a little :-\
  • well said SIC
    i guess the only way to see if wat ur doin is rite is to learn from the best, read saint stories, watch saint movies, imitate their actions (with the guidance of ur confession father ofcourse), read spiritual books, read the BIBLE...

and ask, tell ur confession father wat u are doin and if its rite, neva be afraid to ask, and neva get angry if the answer doesnt plz u, if some1 tells u, with good authority and reason, that ur doin something wrong, or if they correct u, it may feel embarassing , but u have to thank them and not get angry... they did u a huge favour. oi and im not sayin go around correcting everybody cause, like it says in the holy book, first remove the plank from ur eye so u can see clearly to remove the speck from ur brothers eyes...

if u do everything u do in love, u cant be doin anything wrong...
    God=love rite? and God is the most powerful being ever rite? that therefore mathematically, love is the strongest thing ever... in corinthians it says to have faith, hope and love, but it also says love is the greater of the 3, therefore in everything u do, do it out of love and u cant go wrong.

• Since priests have a different point of view on different things sometimes if you do something and he tell you that is not right but you feel deep down that it could be right think if God is standing in front of me right now would He accept this or not would i be ashamed of it or not and of course search the Bible and the spiritual books for answer

p.s. i was in that position i was doing something that i feel that is right while the older people think not but i thought what if God is here would He like it or not and it tested good so i try to keep doing it

hope that helped a bit ;D
  • What I alwyas do is think to myself, if god were in my position, would he continue with this or no? The answer to that question always helps me out because you know that god would never do anything wrong.

sleepy
  • Thanx guys. That helped ;D God Bless.