Where would they go

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Lets say there was this Jewish person (I only picked Jewish because its not Christian), and they lived their lives in peace and harmony, they just weren't Christian. I know they don't go to heaven because they had the chance to come and didn't, but do they get tortured like the murderers and robbers, rapers, ect., ect.? I know this is a hard question but I've been thinking about it for a long time.

Comments

• NO ONE CAN ANSWER SUCH A QUESTION... so we will find out when we go there...
  • by the way its "rapists" not "rapers" :)

well, i think if there are different levels in heaven, there is probably different levels in hell, so even if some might go to hell, they arent all suffering at the same level as thieves...etc

I'm sure that our God is a fair and just God, we dont know how He will judge each and everyone of us its up to Him, but we know that the Bible says "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God." John 3:5
  • thats what I was thinking of, and then I was talking to someone and they said they get tortured as the worst people, but God is more merciful than that.
  • I'm sure our God is the most merciful and loving God, His love is beyond what words could ever say.
    So, I think we shouldnt worry about the Jews or the muslims or whoever else, because we might end up in the same place :(, i mean just worry about ourselves.
  • Well said PrincessMary,

Lets worry about ourselves and actions before we think of where others will end up. This actually is a paranoia of mine, that we (“we” being the Coptic Orthodox children) are more concerned with other religions, and where they will end up, etc etc and are negligent on our own faith. Our Coptic Orthodox Church is so beautiful and filled with things that if we only took the time to understand and learn we would be living a heavenly life on earth.

But here are some questions I will pose for thought to anyone who asks and wonders about the after life:

-What is Hell?
    -What is torture?
    -Is hell, Satan sitting on a chair of fire and watching tormented souls jumping up and down due to pain?
    -And if so, what is pain?
    -Is the Pain going to be physical or spiritual?
    -When we die its our bodily flesh that dies and not our souls, so doesn’t that mean that we will not have any bodily/physical pain?
    -Are we looking at death in a secular way?
    -Finally isn’t the worst pain, knowing and being apart from Our Father who loves us so dearly for all of eternity, and is that the “real hell”?

I certainly do not know all the answers to my questions and I apologize if I sounded pompous (that was not my intention), but I just wanted people to get site of what their priorities are and what they should fear more. Being in hell do to pain, or being in hell because we will be apart from God?

In His Name
  • i really don't know it is not going to be our answer!and good staff by the way joyisgod! ;D
  • thank you PrincessMary and JoyisGod, that kinda helped me relax in some way
  • i really liked all the answers and they all make sense and i do agree with all of them!!! :D
  • -Is hell, Satan sitting on a chair of fire and watching tormented souls jumping up and down due to pain?

I have no answer to any questions...but I think to that one...Satan is getting the most torture if I am not mistaken...he caused all the grief, the pain, and all the troture to everyone on earth...

Just a question related to that...it might kinda sound stupid thou...but is satan one soul...or one person or what is really the nature of satan ???
  • he is an angle but he wanted to be like god and he became a devil angel i think it saounds stupid!it is okay!
  • I know he was one from the archangels and fallen down because he wanted to be all known like God...that's not what I am asking thou...my question is when we say satan do we mean only one soul one devil...or do we mean like every devil on earth..another related question...during the falling of satan...is it a whole bunch of angles falling down...or just one soul and all those devils were created after....i knw we shouldn't wrry abt satan tht much...but we would be kinda of interesting to knw abt all of tht happening and verses from the bible abt the falling of satan and all of that...thanks
  • i was just reading about something like this on another thread, i dont know which one. anyways it says that at first all angels had freewill, and if the wanted to stay angels they had to freely give that will to god. Some angels, like satan, didn't give it up. So I guess, and correct me if I'm wrong, that Satan is like, the head, the president. and all the other angels that went down with him are other demons. I am hardly sure of this, so please, somebody correct me if I'm wrong because I dont want to give anybody the wrong idea.
  • yeh this is the way i understand it

God bless

Peter
  • same here and i agree with it tooo.... but no one nows what will happen in hell....(let us hope none of us go there) lol
  • Hello to all,

I think the most sever torture a Christian would have is the separation from God. This is the definition of hell, because what a christian is waiting, after his/her sojourn in earth, is the bosom of the Lord Jesus Christ. If he/she won't have that, this is the hell.

This is what joyisgod had properly said.

Of course there is a definite place called hell but it is better for us to talk about the place where we will be with the Lord all eternity.
  • Just another thing to add. What does seperation from God entail?
    I think it means that without our good Shepard we will not only get lost in the darkness but will get hurt (physically.) How can we see the harms on the ground when we are in the dark (seperation from God,) we will get harmed. Seperation from God entails pain, suffering (in my opinion both spiritual and physical, this makes more sense to me becauseif the pain was only spiritual, what pain would there be for the prideful. Plus when Adam and Eve became seperated from God their came physical pain, i.e. childbirth, toiling to produce food (farming), animals that weren't under their any more, etc.)

Just some thoughts.
  • hey good words, good words!!!! ;D
  • thanks you guys all your answers are beautiful and make perfect sense... ;)
  • your very welcome!!!! ;D