A Lie?

edited October 2006 in Youth Corner
to the question how are you...

Comments

• That's a very good question Marmar :)

I ask myself that too sometimes when i realize it. When someone asks me "How are you", my instant response is "Fine, how are you". And like you said, it's mostly about being polite... it's like saying "Hi" and "Hello"... almost like just a greeting.

At some point in time, i used to try to get myself to respond saying: "Fine, thank God", or "I'm ok thank God. It's easier to do this in Church... because in arabic we say "nishkur Rabinna" or "Hamdul-lilah".

And now that you've reminded me, i'll try to use this response outside of church too :) Because even though we might have some problems at the time, it's still good to thank God in every condition.

What do you guys think?

• i tottaly agrre 100% with acopt good stuff ;)

GB ALL
    +FROG+
    GOD IS GREAT!!

• You are not lying... you are saying you are fine... which is what you are... are you dead? No, did they amputate one of your limbs? No, so you are fine... how are you not fine? My response is always, “I AM GREAT”... because I am always feeling great, I have my body intact, I speak, I heard the question, I saw the person asking the question (mostly, except when on the phone, or online) smelled the person that asked the question, and felt the person that asked the question (I always go for hand shakes) so I am GREAT, because I am body wise, GREAT... (Too bad that doesn’t go for looks... lol) and I am big fan of mind over matter, so by you saying you are good, or fine, or WONDERFUL, or GREAT, you will become that... so you are not lying... also the devil is a tricky dude, he wants to make you feel bad about yourself... so what is the most common question, that you are asked everyday of your life? Its a trick from the devil.
  • [quote author=socoolbishoy link=board=13;threadid=1948;start=0#msg29480 date=1119715981]

You are not lying... you are saying you are fine... which is what you are... are you dead? No, did they amputate one of your limbs? No, so you are fine... how are you not fine? My response is always, “I AM GREAT”... because I am always feeling great, I have my body intact, I speak, I heard the question, I saw the person asking the question (mostly, except when on the phone, or online) smelled the person that asked the question, and felt the person that asked the question (I always go for hand shakes) so I am GREAT, because I am body wise, GREAT... (Too bad that doesn’t go for looks... lol) and I am big fan of mind over matter, so by you saying you are good, or fine, or WONDERFUL, or GREAT, you will become that... so you are not lying... also the devil is a tricky dude, he wants to make you feel bad about yourself... so what is the most common question, that you are asked everyday of your life? Its a trick from the devil.

You read my mind..lol..I agree