Visiting my "cradle" church..

I was baptized Episcopalian but I was raised Fundie Protestant. Actually I was also baptized Fundie Protestant, if that's accurate.

Anyway my Mother invited me to attend tomorrow. 

Now, I know not to take communion. I've asked them about it and they mention the "Personal Lord and Savior" thing (which I forget if we were discussing here or somewhere else)

Anyway I guess I'll visit tomorrow. 

Comments

• I am confused 
  • I missed the service. Actually two times now. Today I thought my Mother didn't want to go. She's having Radiation Therapy, and she didn't seem prepared. The way she left it with me was, "Are you going today? If you're not going, I'm not going." I didn't necessarily "want" to go, and I tend to be a bit pedantic, so we didn't go.

Anyway I just couldn't see them addressing any of the issues I'm actually concerned with, especially the "Circumcision of Christ", and I wonder if it's something the Peshitta text might shine a light on.
  • shameless bump, does anyone have any thoughts on how baptism is the Circumcision of Christ? Because isn't baptism pretty much by definition done with hands?
  • Colossians 2:11 (NASB)
    "...and in Him you were also circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, in the removal of the body of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ; (...)"

I'm okay with more than one reading of this particular passage, so please don't hesitate to share your view. 
  • It's possible the past participle is used, but again, isn't baptism by definition done by hands?

Thanks
  • I'm not sure I understand your question. But I will say baptism is burial or death of the old man and the renewal and resurrection of the new man. Circumcision is the cutting off the old and sinful flesh from your life. So baptism is "spiritial circumcision", getting deep to destroy the filth of sin in your heart.
  • Yeah. So Circumcision is something done "in the flesh", and baptism is something done "in the flesh".

Allmost 100% exculisvely by hands. lols.
  • edited November 2014
    "... baptism now saves you - not the removal of dirt from the flesh, but an
    appeal to God for a good conscience - through the resurrection of Jesus
    Christ...." (NASB)

• It's a relevant topic. Also I tweet. Holla @lolcatswow.