bronze bowl of antiquity, found to bare coptic mark for god, and ancient roman letters ???

anyone understand how a roman bronze bowl can have a coptic mark for allah/god on it?

Comments

• Well, the use of the Coptic alphabet predates the Roman occupation and dates back to Hellenistic times.  What's the problem?
  • It would probably say "noute" or "efnoute" on it, not "Allah"
  • Don't believe everything you see or read. Can you give us a reference or a picture or anything for us to examine it. I once saw a Coptic metal staff that looked like the Islamic crescent moon on a cross. It turned out to be an over exaggerated omega letter (classical Coptic metalwork with the alpha and omega attached to a cross). 

Second. There are plenty of people using the word Coptic to mean anything they want it to. Go to Facebook and you'll see Coptic muslims, Coptic religion (nothing to do with Christianity), Coptic gnostics, Coptic Rastafarians, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if you see Coptic Mormons and Coptic Seven Day Adventists. It is likely one of these far fetched groups want to give credibility to their own agenda by claiming authenticity to Roman artifacts with Coptic markings. 
  • edited September 2014
    I saw a site that said, "Zen Zion Coptic Orthodox Church"...it's neither Coptic nor Orthodox nor a Church really :P