What should I do to be saved if orthodox christianity is the only way?

edited August 2013 in Faith Issues
All I see is that my existence grieves people's hearts.
You make groups like coptic apologetics like all are welcome but I am not welcome. I have posted there they have welcomed me but many copts are probably not happy with me for ruining their lives.
What is the real reason you have against my doctrines. Is it because your wives and husbands are adulterers? or because of persecution of non christians am I to blame? maybe I am. Or is God to blame for not executing speedy justice? but we know justice does not help give people a chance for salvation. Perhaps God does not execute justice because my doctrines are wrong?
Why did God allow me to be tempted with a heresy that I can not recover from?

I am deleting this post as I am remembering someone from before namely binC saying do not dirty our clean water in a post

I have saved my post in my email but I will not dirty your waters

353 posts and no one could reply. I pray the LORD sends me help on this forum or some other place

maybe you are the one who should grow up and let me keep my post as even without me universalism is a doctrine preached by some atleast on websites you can not hide from it maybe it was preached here too but I guess noone took it seriously then. Do you want me to delete all my posts? I can do that. I warned you from long ago I wanted to delete my posts
I was asking you to help me combat it but no one replied I wanted permission to quote scripture to be interpreted properly
I was asking how can someone like me be saved

God gave people free will I am not to blame

let me make myself clear I do not teach all will surely be saved. That may not be possible do not think I have forgotten the verse below which is not where I derive my thoughts from that it does not look like all will be saved. Righteousness must be rewarded

22 But I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. 23 The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it,[j] for the glory[k] of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light. 24 And the nations of those who are saved[l] shall walk in its light, and the kings of the earth bring their glory and honor into it.[m] 25 Its gates shall not be shut at all by day (there shall be no night there). 26 And they shall bring the glory and the honor of the nations into it.[n] 27 But there shall by no means enter it anything that defiles, or causes[o] an abomination or a lie, but only those who are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life.

I also assumed that humans were not devils if they were then I guess they have no where to go but hell. To perish them just may not be possible if they are so. Yet all will glorify Him in hell. They will acknowledge His justice maybe they have some comforts in hell but mostly not

I myself could never desire the boastful to enter God's sight.
The wicked will be no more.
When they are destroyed He will leave them neither root nor branch
How can one be saved once he is thrown into the fire?
Do we want more sinners in heaven than saints? Do we trust them in our presence? it is not a matter of trust our God is more than able to subdue all things to Himself but could we be happy with such people in heaven with us?
Is our righteousness unprofitable? Do they tempt God and go free? Is it necessary to follow the LORD? is he not a fool who does not follow God? Is it not better for him that he to never have been not born? does he not go to an everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels?
Does not justice have to be served for all to glorify Him?

Do you want me to bring back my old post?

I will not tell the church to preach my salvation for all repentant and after death. How shall they preach unless they be sent? But if God is revealing Himself to the church its Pope, and its Clergy and through visions and miracles then it is the time to preach it.
To me I only see a hope for a moral world through that teaching because even if not true does God force hard doctrines on people when they are not ready? but God would never teach lie. But those who are supposed to be teachers of the truth are not sensitive nor effective witnesses to the truth giving people the feeling of no excuse yet St Paul says we trust we are well known in your consciences even the pharisees were convicted yet had the desire to fight with God and be above Him

2 Peter 1:20-21
New King James Version (NKJV)
20 knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation,[a] 21 for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.

Comments

• From
    http://www.suscopts.org/messages/lectures/misclecture1.pdf

Biblical Proofs for Praying for the Departed:
    · St. Paul prayed for Onesiphorus after his departure from this world, “the Lord grant to him that he
    may find mercy from the Lord in that Day” (2 Tim 1:18).
    · The Holy Book of Psalms teaches us to pray for David the King, “Lord remember David and all his
    afflictions” (Ps 132:1).
    · Judas Maccabeus who made “propitiation for those who had died” (2 Maccabees 12:39-45).
    · The spirits of the martyrs were crying to God to avenge their blood (Rev 6:10) – “then a white robe
    was given to each of them; and it was said to them that they should rest a little while longer…” (v 11)
    – Thus, the condition of the spirits of the saints may change and we pray for them to be comforted.

I know the church does not mean by this after death there is still a chance to be saved but why do people need prayer after death?
  • there are many questions here, i will answer what i can.
    our church teaches that only those who accept Jesus are saved.
    when Jesus was in the place of the dead (hades) after He was crucified, He went and preached to those who had died before (1 Peter 3:18-22).
    as for those who did not seem have knowledge of Jesus before dying, but who died since Jesus' death and resurrection, romans chapters 1-5 explains that God judges them according what is in their hearts. we know that many people have had visions and experiences from God who were not Christians at that time, but who then became Christians.
    so this shows us that God can reveal Himself to people however He wants. but we know that whoever hears about Jesus and rejects Him (again and again until he dies) is not saved (john 3:16).

so salvation can't come to those who reject Jesus Christ (unless they repent before they die).
    as for the orthodox church, this is the sure way to find God, and we have the right theology.
    but every priest i asked about this explains that not only orthodox Christians can be saved.
    if someone is in a catholic or protestant church and seeks God sincerely, God will reveal Himself to that person. for many people (myself included), that searching will lead to the orthodox church as the best place to learn about God and have a relationship with Him.

as for your brother in law, please leave it up to God to judge who sincere he is. some people start our not very sincere, but become more sincere as they learn more of God's love as reveal through His orthodox church.

as for yourself, please stay in the church and keep learning.
    when you have very many questions, you can find the answers through the church.
    but please be patient, as God wants first of all to have a loving relationship with Him, and then for you to learn about Him slowly as your relationship with Him becomes deeper.
    :)
  • Thanks for your reply  but I expect serious treatment of this post from the oriental orthodox communities and eastern orthodox for I thought we accept them as perfect orthodox
    not all coptic think other christians can be saved and you are also vague are other christians saved but missing something eternally important? I especially want to ask can other christians obtain grace from the Holy Spirit to live holy?
  • How can a priest say that a protestant can be saved if as orthodox we believe Jesus said only the Apostles were told they can forgive sins

21 So Jesus said to them again, “Peace to you! As the Father has sent Me, I also send you.” 22 And when He had said this, He breathed on them, and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.”

Are priests allowed to forgive those who do not come to them? Has not Jesus given them permission to forgive anyone they want to forgive?

But Jesus says where two or three are gathered in My name there am I in the midst of them

Protestants thinks that means them also

The below verses may be confusing and is it understandable why protestants think they are christian?

Matthew 16
    16 Simon Peter answered and said, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”

17 Jesus answered and said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. 18 And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it. 19 And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”

20 Then He commanded His disciples that they should tell no one that He was Jesus the Christ.

Matthew 18
    15 “Moreover if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother. 16 But if he will not hear, take with you one or two more, that ‘by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.’17 And if he refuses to hear them, tell it to the church. But if he refuses even to hear the church, let him be to you like a heathen and a tax collector.

18 “Assuredly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.

19 “Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven. 20 For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.”

So is the church the body of believers or is there a church? if there is a church does it not have to be infallible? is it infallible if it teaches protestants can not be saved?
    but Jesus commanded sacraments and this was never said it would ever be done away with like baptism

These verses clearly show that the church can not make one a christian one must be pleasing to God to have faith in Him it is a gift from God why did the Father give faith to protestants?