How to stay a virgin

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Hi

I came across this wiki how to page, just by chance, on how to remain a virgin.

I read through it, and although this is not a Christian website , the advice is very good.

I recommend it to anyone Christian who has the desire to save themselves for marriage.

http://m.wikihow.com/Stay-a-Virgin

Comments

• "Keep meeting and dating. Do not be desperate, but don't feel you need to remain alone. A good night kiss, a hug, or holding hands with a person you enjoyed being with is quite appropriate."

Are you sure that it provides good advice?
  • [quote author=Dodoioi link=topic=14516.msg165409#msg165409 date=1373487561]
    "Keep meeting and dating. Do not be desperate, but don't feel you need to remain alone. A good night kiss, a hug, or holding hands with a person you enjoyed being with is quite appropriate."

Are you sure that it provides good advice?

"Dating" , in the language of this article doesn't mean anything sexual. How can it? They suggest that its best to avoid staying alone in the same room with someone of the opposite sex.

Just a question - there will be time that u like a girl in Church - u can ask one out for a coffee! No? There's NOTHING wrong in that. You can even go out in a group. What is wrong with that?

Dating - with the intention to get married, is OK.

Again, I think due to cultural differences, terms and words have different meaning and different impact.

Abouna may say" Dating is WRONG, but if you like a girl, then asking her out a few times to know her more is OK" - well , that's just dating. It doesn't mean you are an item. It doesn't mean she's your girlfriend either.

But these are terms. See, having a girlfriend where the relationship is actually NON sexual, for many westerners, they wouldn't even say that she's a girlfriend under those conditions.

Its a bit like Morsi - he may be elected democratically, but the term "Democracy" has nothing to do with the reality of the situation. He's an autocrat.