Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hymn after Gholghotha
  • Does anyone know of a hymn chanted after Ghologhotha on Good Friday. Its arabic and has the words ya na'm fel qobur.

If anyone does I would love to know some history on it and have a recording. I have a hunch that its from                Para-meous  Monastery!

God Bless
  • Gholghotha is the Concluding canon of Good Friday service. So it's like Amen Alleluia of the liturgy at the end. Nothing comes after other than "a semi-dismissal"

That madeha thoo, Ah ya nayem, I have heard it from m Tawfik and also found this:
    https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=537641276288250

the arabic caption says that they used to say it dhruing bright saturday distribution.
  • Thank You sooo much Mina!!! Do you know where I can find it by M.Tawfik?
    So it isn't supposed to be said after Gholgotha? I think they that just say it here because they run out of things to say while Abouna is doing the burial.

Thank You
    God Bless You

• [quote author=Faithfull Servant 1 link=topic=14456.msg164907#msg164907 date=1370050522]
    Thank You sooo much Mina!!! Do you know where I can find it by M.Tawfik?
    So it isn't supposed to be said after Gholgotha? I think they that just say it here because they run out of things to say while Abouna is doing the burial.

Thank You
    God Bless You
    [/quote]
    Nope....and wow. you need more time after gholghotha....how fast do you say it?!
  • The deacons at our church love to say things fast so as to not drain things, which I am semi-against... but what can you do...

God Bless
  • [quote author=Faithfull Servant 1 link=topic=14456.msg164912#msg164912 date=1370065170]
    The deacons at our church love to say things fast so as to not drain things, which I am semi-against... but what can you do...

God Bless
    [/quote]
    tell that its a "burial" ......
  • say it in two languages so everyone unnderstands thats wat my church does

Memorial for HH Pope Shenouda

Share |