Parable of the Mina

edited May 2013 in Faith Issues
I want to post this video on my facebook

Is no activity better than some even if that activity is a little doubtful about its negative effects imagined that can happen? not that the song is much doubtful to me? is it doubtful to any of you? Please prove the best path to take. Trusting in God not requiring any action when it seems something is beyond you or the other? both views being held by pope shenouda and also some preachers if I may so
I fear both that many people perhaps are not supposed to be teachers because they either harm themselves or others and I also fear many people are not doing their job of working in God's field there should be many on both sides
do we pray for laborers and that is enough? but here in the parable of the mina we have the called one condemned and it seems God called many if not us all?

The person who hid his mina in the ground? did he take no risk?
He said that God reaps where He has not sown

LYRICS:

Here I am, Lord, and I'm drowning
In your sea of forgetfulness
The chains of yesterday surround me
I yearn for peace and rest
I don't want to end up where You found me
And it echoes in my mind,
Keeps me awake tonight.

I know You've cast my sin as far as
The east is from the west
And I stand before You now
As though I've never sinned
But today I feel like I'm just one mistake away
From You leaving me this way.

Jesus, can You show me just how
Far the east is from the west
'Cause I can't bear to see the man I've been
Come rising up in me again
In the arms of Your mercy I find rest
'Cause You know just how far the east is from the west
From one scarred hand to the other.

I start the day, the war begins,
Endless reminding of my sin
Time and time again Your truth is drowned out by
The storm I'm in
Today I feel like I'm just one mistake away
From You leaving me this way.

Jesus, can You show me just how
Far the east is from the west
Because I can't bare to see the man I've been
One scarred hand to the other.

I know You've washed me white,
Turned my darkness into light
I need Your peace to get me through,
To get me through this night
I can't live by what I feel,
But by the truth Your word reveals
I'm not holding on to You,
But You're holding on to me
You're holding on to me.

Jesus, You know just how far the east is from the west
I don't have to see the man I've been
One scarred hand to the other
(Just how far the east is from the west)
(Just how far)

One scarred hand to the other
(Just how far the east is from the west)
(Just how far)
From one scarred hand to the other.

I would prefer a different song was in my heart but this is the one now

it is a bit like in the midst of the raging sea song but two songs are better than one and are a little different

Comments

• Thought I would post this funny video (but it is not supposed to be funny). I did not want to at first.

http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=Z7KGNNNX

I dont go to that site often probably does not have much there
  • I have a new problem with the first video because it may give the impression without real repentance our sin can be taken away / that we don't care who has been made lost by our sin and it must be fixed and that those who perhaps hate God love to live in sin because of this video
    But who can dare accuse it of heresy prove
  • yes, the lyrics you posted look a bit like that.
    the best video ever that i saw that advises you about what to do when you sin is pope shenouda's sermon 'turn back to God'. you can find it on you tube.
    may God bless u
    :)
  • Thanks for replying but I hope this post also is taken seriously
    I will be honest that I feel sad that we can't take the good from the songs and we do not even wish protestants were in the truth.

The song has its own unique effect on me and I know people don't just want to hear the same sermons
    but Christ in more places is edifying
    Can we not weep that someone who desperately needs forgiveness is not able to find it even though it appears he has made an effort to obtain it and appears he loves Christ but it has an offensive element to it
    Can we not weep that we have a faith that most of the world just can not accept
    Can we not weep for the grief of our children who are perplexed about how to live the orthodox faith and that many of our own people are going to hell also whether they are orthodox or not even those who are not only in name but also in practice (or I guess they will bear all holy fruit if they are fully orthodox according to your proposition and I do or I almost believed it)
    why do I have to be an enemy to the world when I do not want to?

I am too weak to obey my conscience in all things. I guess I must also not go shopping on thursday late night shopping while I am in university or I might make someone go to hell for being a bad example and careless(I withdrew from going for this reason but I went and ate from a food shop though it was against my conscience) and many other things you must do

So I have to be someone who rejects everything and think I can survive in this world. Who knows if that will always help my relationship with God or if it will even help other relationships in my life?

and the sad thing is the world I am defending condemn me for not being orthodox by making them stumble by seeing me shopping and other things they like to reject me for

-----------------------------------

Imagine how much good works we could be doing if we could overcome our sin
    Some can write books some can sing praises from the heart some can learn to have hobbies in life and share their joy with others we can show the world what it has not seen
    But I think I am righteous when others work harder than I do  St Paul said he was the least of all the saints and he worked harder than all
  • Is our conscience always reliable since the man with 1 mina thought he should bury it lest he lose it?

• OK. this needs to stop. the forum is NOT your personal diary for you to keep writing in and dump all your problems or thoughts in. go get a blog or something (there are many free ones) or get professional hlp. I am locking this thread. I will watch closely  EVERYTHING YOU POST....if it is not concise and to the point, i am deleting with no warning.
This discussion has been closed.