I am at a loss whether I should take the AP Language and Comp. course or the Honors Research course to fulfill my English requirement for next year. I'd appreciate it if any of you guys gave me some advice regarding which choice I should make.
Some factors to consider:
1. I got a 94% (A-) average in English I Honors with almost no effort (not bragging or anything, but the class was a joke, pretty much everyone got an A).
2. I got an 84% (B) average in English II Honors: I was having a rough time that semester and the teacher hated me (not that I'm blaming her for the grade I got in that class, the fault is all on me).
3. I got a 96% (A) average -the highest grade in my class- this year in my Advanced and World Literature class (English III Honors) with relative ease.
4. I will be taking other rigorous courses next year like Honors Physics, AP Physics, AP Economics, and Calculus (regular, not AP), so Research Honors might be a little easier to handle.
5. A friend of mine, who I consider to be a better student than I am, is struggling to maintain a B in AP Lang. Nevertheless, he says the class is rewarding and educational.
6. I have a bit a bit of a procrastination problem (which I am trying to tackle), but I also really like English.
7. I think AP Language will better prepare me for college level courses, and if I get a 4 or 5 on the AP exam I can get AP credit.
8. Should I choose to take it, I will have AP Lang every other day (A/B scheduling).
Thanks for the advice and please pray for me,