writting Coptic using New Athanasius font

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Hello,

I am using New Athanasius font to write Coptic. every time I write Epsee "found on quote for small letter and double quote for capital letter" word delete that letter. But if I press undo it comes back again.

Any idea how to fix this problem.

Thank you,

Comments

• [quote author=gergesezzat link=topic=14159.msg162713#msg162713 date=1358282929]
    Hello,

I am using New Athanasius font to write Coptic. every time I write Epsee "found on quote for small letter and double quote for capital letter" word delete that letter. But if I press undo it comes back again.

Any idea how to fix this problem.

Thank you,

what program is doing this?
    i bet it's Microsoft word....which always turns ", quotes into, “, smart quotes....they are simply a little round then the others. they are an 'automatic' task that word does. when you Undo, it undoes that task and just leaves the character as it was received from the keyboard, pure ".  so whoever did New Athanasius probably have the epsi to be " and not “. 
  • I am using microsoft 2010. I trun this future off and it works fine.

Thank you Mina
  • Yes you need to shut of smart quotes in both "auto-correct" and "auto-correct while you type" in Microsoft Word. Then it works correctly.