Please give me a task for me to do that is worthy of respect

edited January 2013 in Faith Issues
There is so many things I want to do I do not know which to choose
something I can finish with time if I do some here and some there

should I learn arabic well?

Every time I try to do something difficult or takes learning it just causes me so much frustration and pain that I feel like sinning with my body

But if I choose pleasure and relaxation it seems like a wasted life

ideally I would master having a hobby to go back to when I feel too much stress but playing is becoming a way of life to me

Perhaps God will bless me if I don't have a break

Comments

• Pray to God Mike, as this might help you to focas on one thing, instead of the many directions your thoughts take you. Pray for patience in the tasks you undertake as it is important that you might veiw them as part of God's righteousness. If you built something and your thoughts were that God has given you the ability and skill to do it, then you are doing it in partnership with God and so connected with the spirit. Then would God leave you frustated and wanting to do something else? No, you would get frustated, go pray, take a deep breath, relax a bit, then focas on what you were going to complete. You can't have two masters, you will have to deny one to follow the other.
  • Thanks for replying Joshua I will try to do as you say

•   Hi Mike,
                  Sorry Mike, please don't do it because I've made this suggestion even though you have asked us to make one.

Respect is for everyone and not something to be used in accordance with self-esteem. Self-esteem. the opinion you have of yourself. It has many falsehoods and we try and protect them. God tries to make us genuine and transparent. Transparent, like the Holy Spirit. Most people don't argue with someone who they see no harm in, and if they did, then the false accusations came from their own sin, in which you hold the peace with them by just listening to them.

I was trying to help you not to think too much as there are so many distractions in the world these days. The more distractions then the harder it is to be yourself by looking at yourself.
      When you read the bible then God helps you better than anyone, to focas on who you are, what you are doing, where you are going, and why you are doing it.

You do have a good knowledge because you have used many quotes, try and remember them and see them in the situations in your life.

Happy New Year Mike. God bless you and guide you.
  • Thanks Joshua